Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 07:06 AM   #21
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Ok, played your mod, or at least tried to. For some reason I started in what I assume was the final room with stikk. This left me very confused because he starts talking about some sword I know nothing about. What's the start location supposed to be? One error I found was that I ended up with two dawnbringers, one corrupted one I got off stikks corpse and the good one from the crypt. The area with the three sisters looks pretty nifty. The last two sisters should have more to say though.

[ 11-05-2002, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Draggor ]
Old 11-05-2002, 05:09 PM   #22
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

The same happened to me. Fortunately I had finished the mod up to that point. I was able to finish with the update, but when I tried to load a new game to play through again, with a new character, it took me to the final room with Sikk immediately.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:26 PM   #23
Chewbacca
Zartan

Zoiks! I must have uploaded my test copy!!!! Double Zoiks, I need to sleep more!

I will fix it.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:39 PM   #24
Chewbacca
Zartan

Ok, I updated with the correct file. My apologies to those who wasted their time due to my little error. Hopefully the vault will update by tomorrow (11-6).

Thanks for checking it out.

Draggor: I have d/l'ed your mod, I'll try to play it this weekend. And I those ladies at the end of my mod will have a bit more to say by the final release.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:03 PM   #25
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Chewie...
Just played the mod through all the way from the begining again.
The only trouble I had was this...
When I went in to find Sikk he attacked right away.
I exited the game and loaded it back from the save and I saw what happened.
He came at me and had I waited a second longer he would have started his rant.
Then he killed me. I was paralized and helpless through the whole battle. I never came out of it.
I exited and loaded again from the save.
This time it went flawlessly. He went into his rant almost right away.
The paralysis wore off when it should have. I wacked the snotters out of him.

So it would appear that there is still some trouble with that scene. But it does work.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:50 PM   #26
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Chewie...
Just played the mod through all the way from the begining again.
The only trouble I had was this...
When I went in to find Sikk he attacked right away.
I exited the game and loaded it back from the save and I saw what happened.
He came at me and had I waited a second longer he would have started his rant.
Then he killed me. I was paralized and helpless through the whole battle. I never came out of it.
I exited and loaded again from the save.
This time it went flawlessly. He went into his rant almost right away.
The paralysis wore off when it should have. I wacked the snotters out of him.

So it would appear that there is still some trouble with that scene. But it does work.
Thanks very much! I'm on the fence about leaving that scene in considering it has about 80% success rate from all the data I have collected. I have tested it and tweaked upwards of 50 times myself. I am expirimenting with alternative ways to do this scene and have it be air-tight. It is a process! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am afraid this module wont be "finished" for a while longer, as I am working on it alone and only have a few hours a week to devote to it. I will announce future updates.

BTW- Does the "cliff-hanger" ending work in your opinion?
Old 11-17-2002, 11:06 AM   #27
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I thouroughly enjoyed your mod. The ending works just fine for me. Perhaps have all three of the sisters waiting at the tree. A little more chat from the sisters at the end would be nice. Something that told you that your life was once again your own...for awhile. But, that the fates would call you back when you are needed again as your destiny and that of your enemies are now tightly bound in the web of life. Or some other such.

I think you have done a very good job and will wait patiently for more. I think it's worth the wait.