Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2003, 08:28 PM   #11
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

hi again got to love these puters always stuffing up when you dont want them too ive been all over the stout mines do you think i can find that bloody pickaxe so i cant dig any ore up can any one help thanks sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Look around in the cave rooms. By the time I'm done, I've usually found at least five or six of 'em... I believe you can also use the sledgehammer, although I haven't tried it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 12:39 AM   #13
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

ive tied the sledge hammer but it didnt work neither did the miners bombs ive had about 6 of the sledgeies no good have been rite over the caves mugged the miners cleaned out the vault but no pickaxe
Old 12-07-2003, 01:35 AM   #14
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by sagtattman:
ive tied the sledge hammer but it didnt work neither did the miners bombs ive had about 6 of the sledgeies no good have been rite over the caves mugged the miners cleaned out the vault but no pickaxe
IIRC, there are some crazy miners, or insane miners that you kill. Take their pick axe (and their bombs if you want, they're very useful). I think there were some axes lying around on the ground in the small rooms as well. Just make sure you don't kill the regular/peaceful miners, or else they all turn on you.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:58 AM   #15
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Mr. Lord is right. There are, perhaps, two pick-axes lying around in the mines, but nearly every insane miner drops a pick-axe or a sledge hammer when killed. You just have to be patient and wait for one to drop a pick-axe.

There is also one other option.

Spoilers...

If you enter Freyedies's personal vault room (the giant lock to his left in the throne room) without having offended him first (you can only do that by pickpocketing his key) there is one dragon armour in a chest there.

However, if you offend him first (either by killing him or killing any of the Stouts) there is another suit of dragon armour inside the vault underneath an anvil.

It is a safety mechanism devised by the creators of the game, because if you were to offend Freyedies in any way before having him forge the armour, you would not be able to enter the Dragon Spire beyond the bronze beast. (Or rather: you WOULD, but that is another spoilish affair )

For more information, check my experiment on this matter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-07-2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 12-07-2003, 05:44 PM   #16
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks bsftcs what i have done and ill try to explain it as best as i can is i have killed the king and all of the gaurds in the throne room got the the kings magic hammer and his key i have looted the throne vault room got two of the dragon armours . left the throne room killed the miners as they attacked me collected there sledge hammers gone to the vault room killed all the gaurds there looted that out ( quite a good haul ) ihave headed for the larver pits but the two miners in the last room before the mine trollies do not attack me so i leave them alone go down the pit try sledge hammers on the ore piles ( no good ) have left the mines altogether back to ishad na cashed in back out again headed for the bronze burning tunnel but the deposit box there wont take anything ive got (and as ive read in someones help ) i need the dragon ore so its back to the mines and looking for a pickaxe to no avail so if anyone can help me out it would stop me from going crazy myself thanks heaps sagtattman
Old 12-07-2003, 08:14 PM   #17
bsftcs
Red Dragon

First of all: The deposit box inside the Dragon Spire is for Erzebette's letter. (The red-haired woman living in a hut just outside Ishad N'ha). She will give you a letter (if you speak the right words to her). That letter you must put in the deposit box. (That will not extinguish the firebeast, though - it will only result in your getting a useless wand when meeting another character inside the spire).

In order to get behind the bronze firebeast your leading (activated) character will have to wear the dragon armour. You already have dragon armour, so there is no need for you to go back to the mines. If you had NOT started killing Freyedies and the miners you would have had to find the dragon ore and bring it to Freyedies so that he could forge the armour for you. Now that he is dead you cannot even use the dragon ore for any purpose.

So no need for desperation... You do not have to enter the Stout Mines again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-07-2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 12-08-2003, 05:06 AM   #18
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks bsftcs i have been to the dragon spire put in erzebettes letter in the box but because i didnt have the armour i couldnt get up the cave where the fire breathing beast was but now i do have it ill check it out again but if icant get up there is it possible to get another letter from erzebette ill try again and see what happens thanks for all your help sagtattman
Old 12-08-2003, 06:23 AM   #19
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Glad to be of assistance.

You cannot get more than one letter from Erzebette, but the letter and the depository have nothing to do with the bronze firebeast.

Just wear your armour and you can walk practically unscathed through the fire emanating from the beast. Once you have passed the fire there is a lever which you can flip disabling the firebeast for good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 04:07 PM   #20
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks bsftcs ive got passed the bronze fire breather and into the tunnels i dont know if i have to do anything more but every time i get into the water i go on auto back to the treasure chest that is in the water in the first tunnel do i have to complete anything else before i can progress ive been round in the same loop for about an hour and a half its starting to get to me thanks sagtattman