Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #1
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

In the description it reads something along the lines of: Works for weapons as well as spells. This feat makes you react faster by a minimum of 1?

Something like that.

Anyway, I read a thread in here about it only working for spells.

So...

Does it work for weapons as well as spells? If not, can you give me some info on it, because I am at a loss. I know you will know the answer. You guys and girls here are very much in tune with these games. I love them myself and I just want to make sure that I didn't waste a feat on this.

Thanks people,

Old 10-25-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It make you attack and cast faster.

It should work for both, if it doesn't, then it's a bug.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
It make you attack and cast faster.

It should work for both, if it doesn't, then it's a bug.
Thank you very much [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have fun
Old 10-25-2004, 09:42 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Initiative is what determine swho goes first in combat being a spell or a melee attack.

Before combat is initiated a roll is made. Whoever has the highest initiative roll goes first.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #5
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Initiative is what determine swho goes first in combat being a spell or a melee attack.

Before combat is initiated a roll is made. Whoever has the highest initiative roll goes first.
That is what I thought from playuing other games that have initiative. I was hoping that I would react a little faster than the other peson and get a spell of or swing a weapon first. After reading an older post though, I was confused. They were saying that only spells get the initiative benefit.

Sweet! Thank you for your help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have fun... I am going to get home from work soon and jump on and try to work my way to the outside of the goblin warrens. Hee hee, I have heard that it is a hard battle.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:16 AM   #6
Andyr
Manshoon

I think the feat is bugged, and does not decrease spell casting time.
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Actually, decreasing spell casting time is all it does. It's IMHO a must-have for a spellcaster. It does nothing to weapons though.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #8
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Actually, decreasing spell casting time is all it does. It's IMHO a must-have for a spellcaster. It does nothing to weapons though.
Ah, see that is what I am talking about. Why doesn't it work for weapons too?

Or is it that it just determines who goes first (whether it is weapon or spell) and then on top of that it speeds up spells by 1 and not weapons?

thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 05:48 PM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

No, the only efect is for the spell casting decrease. There is no initative in the game, as it is in real time(kinda). I think they didn't implement it into the weapons as it would make the moves play out in the begining of a round(7 seconds) and then they would just stand there. Mages do that after casting spells, so I just can't understand why they couldn't do the same. Anyway it's a bugged feat, and is only usefull to mages. There is a mod that makes something to rectify the glitch, probably gives you a feat to assign, but I', not sure, anyone here tried it?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 PM   #10
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
No, the only efect is for the spell casting decrease. There is no initative in the game, as it is in real time(kinda). I think they didn't implement it into the weapons as it would make the moves play out in the begining of a round(7 seconds) and then they would just stand there. Mages do that after casting spells, so I just can't understand why they couldn't do the same. Anyway it's a bugged feat, and is only usefull to mages. There is a mod that makes something to rectify the glitch, probably gives you a feat to assign, but I', not sure, anyone here tried it?
Thanks for the info. I do not think I have given a non spell caster this feat. I am trying to remember. I hope not as it would be a waste of a precious feat.

I did give my wizard and I think cleric and bard the feat though. Oh well, I will chalk it up to lesson learned and move on with the game. I have to try and remember that I do not need to make these chars perfect.

I am still having lots of fun playing this though.

Have fun all, and thanks again