Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 03:14 PM   #31
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I understand, I was just defending myself, I am honestly not a munchkin....at least not that kind. though my oldest brother calls me that for some unknown reason.
but as I told Cloudy, I do know how to RP, just the guys I tend to run with in EFU are powerplayers, and I never really know who is and who is not into roleplaying. when I do find someone who roleplays, one of us ends up having to leave for various reasons, so I very seldom get the chance to do it.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:39 PM   #32
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I to have used those builds as templates for my characters.

Example: For the RP team I amd going to be playing a cleric. However this cleric has had a history of loosing people to death. To combat this he has extensivly studied death and how it works in order to save people. It does make him a bit somber however it has made him a better healer.

This character will be loosly based around the combat medic build (which does have a few levels of palemaster build in to it)

All of this has been incorporated into the charcters history.

EDIT: While the Epic Builds are good for PvP they lack in some key areas for team play. they tend to focus the skills on stricky PvP.

BTW stormy Im happy to admit that I did recommend those builds to you as you did say that you wanted some help with building characters. Now not only can you build powerful characters but as long as you can build a history and RP these characters (explain there background, alignment, reason for level splits etc) then you will be fine.

[ 12-06-2004, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 12-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #33
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
I to have used those builds as templates for my characters.

Example: For the RP team I amd going to be playing a cleric. However this cleric has had a history of loosing people to death. To combat this he has extensivly studied death and how it works in order to save people. It does make him a bit somber however it has made him a better healer.

This character will be loosly based around the combat medic build (which does have a few levels of palemaster build in to it)

All of this has been incorporated into the charcters history.
Believe it or not, the Combat Medic is the one build that I dont see as totally munchkin. Mostly because it specifically states in the build that this character is not designed for one on one combat. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #34
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well it is designed to be a support character. I've played fighters, mages, but not many clerics. I'm really looking forward to developing this charcter to heal all your wounds.

BUT LOOK OUT DRACOLICH! I will Heal you! LOL
Old 12-06-2004, 09:15 PM   #35
Animal
Gold Dragon

Hehe,

To be hones, I'd figured I was going to lose anyway and it was a great excuse to retire Godisnak (the leaving in shame aspect)

Godinsak was a great character, lots of fun to RP, but he'd reached level 40 some time ago and it was time for him to move on.

This seemed like a good way to do it.

The whole idea of power gaming is quite distasteful to me. It's easy enough to spot when you see people taking about their "builds" as opposed to characters.

Characters are developed not built! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 09:19 PM   #36
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Hehe,

To be hones, I'd figured I was going to lose anyway and it was a great excuse to retire Godisnak (the leaving in shame aspect)

Godinsak was a great character, lots of fun to RP, but he'd reached level 40 some time ago and it was time for him to move on.

This seemed like a good way to do it.

The whole idea of power gaming is quite distasteful to me. It's easy enough to spot when you see people taking about their "builds" as opposed to characters.

Characters are developed not built! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I feel so used now......
Old 12-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #37
Animal
Gold Dragon

Bah, you love it, admit it!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #38
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Bah, you love it, admit it!
I don't..I wanted to really defeat you, not be used into shaming a character, that is just so wrong.....you used me to gain an escape for your character, while making me believe you wanted to win.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:30 PM   #39
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Ta'rant is in retirement as well (he did enjoy a good beer with Godisnak). He to reached Level 40 and there isn't much left for him to do. I'm still waiting for Ta'rants brother to get to the yawning portal and the same with Narwens brother the Monk (hint to Ziroc please upload them to the server vault )

Narwen my scout is still going strong (even though she reached level 40 a few weeks ago). I still like to use her to scout out new places as she is almost impossible to see and is EXTREMLY hard to hit (anyone half the size of a halfling is going to be hard to hit)