Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #11
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

SPOILER:

Is knowing that the bad guy is telling the story really that big a deal? It changes absolutely nothing regarding gameplay, and we already know it's not Everard when he jumps into the portal. By the time the baddy reveals himself, you'll already be dissapointed enough with how weak the final battles were for your 30th level characters...

[ 10-28-2004, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: jmsteven ]
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:35 PM   #12
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

NobleNick, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, to me, it just isn't a spoiler. I'm not very subtle thou, so maybe I missed it. Since I seem to have *not gotten it*, will someone enlighten me on the spoiler aspect.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #13
Roboghost
Manshoon

Arrow

Hint IS given for...
...the Pale Justice!

If you talk with some of the little Svirfneblins, they might tell you about a Paladin (ghost?) wondering around the area. I assume that the Pale Justice is the sword that comes from this holy warrior they hinted about.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #14
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the heads up. It seems that deleting the posts didn't cause a loss of rank... interesting....

I think I'm just about done here anyway. After recently finishing IWD/HOW/ToTL for the first time, I was meaning to start a new game with a different soloist, but now I don't see much replay value. Once completed, analyzed, and discussed, the game simply loses some of it's mind-candy flavor.

When I started, I enjoyed picking a portrait and class based on aesthetic/roleplaying preferences. After having finished the game, starting over would just be a matter of selecting the most advantaged characters with the fewest liabilities. This is too much like the risk management or rational economics we already experience in our workaday lives. I think mabye it's time I made some extra space on my hard-drive...

[ 10-28-2004, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: jmsteven ]
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote