Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: How the the hook who can't sing into the stadium

Had I watched the game I would likely have caught it. You don't travel the east coast for a week with a choir, sing the anthem at each stop, including several locations in DC, and not know the song. Now, how can I not care about the Super Bowl and still call myself an American? I'll leave the speculation to you.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Now, how can I not care about the Super Bowl and still call myself an American? I'll leave the speculation to you.
No speculation needed. I don't particularly like American football either (baseball here!).

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #13
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I caught the mistake right away. I also caught her trying to "combine" the forgotten line with the next to compensate. By the time she got near the end of the song, I found myself thinking "how much longer is this gonna take?". The expressions on most of the players seem to reflect the same thought.

Of course, they started the ceremony with a member from the show "Glee" coming out and singing "America the Beautiful" and, judging by the reactions of the fans, players and coaches, nobody knew that was going to happen. They were all standing with their hats off and hearts covered in anticipation of the anthem and this girl breaks out into "America the Beautiful".

She did a nice job, but shots of the crowd and players caught them looking at each other and seeming to ask "Is THIS what they're gonna do instead of singing the anthem?" Some fans and players started to put their hands down (from their hearts), but then moved them back uncertainly because they weren't sure if this song was replacing the anthem that night.

Despite the anthem flub, Roseanne Barr was still far, far worse. Screeching the lyrics like a tortured cat and then spitting on home plate just to PROVE she has no class stands head and shoulders above a prima donna forgetting a line.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #14
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Finally football is over! And ElfBane, today is Truck Day up here - WOOT!
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote