Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
Debaser

OK--I already posted this question at the end of the "Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms" thread, but I figured I'd make it its own thread so more people would see it.

My hypothetical question is, in an all-out mage fight, when both magi were at the peak of their power, which archmage do you think would win the battle--Elminster or Raistlin Majere. Keep in mind I'm talking about Raistlin after he won the fight with Fistandantilus, and his power at the point at which he was ready to defeat Takhisis...

I may be a little subjective, since I consider Raistlin the definitive BADASS when it comes to magi, but I would argue that Raistlin would win.
Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 04:12 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, if they fought somewhere were Elmunchkin did NOT have the gods protecting their favorite munchkinny Elmunchkin then Raistlin would slaughter him, if it was in the Forgotten Realms however, Elmunchkin would be defended by five gods or something and Raistlin would be killed easily.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 01:28 PM   #3
Debaser

I'm talking about no godly allegiances, no godly interventions......just Raistlin versus Elminster, straight up.

and yes, i agree with you.....Raistlin would cream the old fart. because Raistlin Majere is the coolest damn mage to ever exist, and i doubt he'll ever be surpassed in coolness.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:36 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

no god allience? no divine being interven? that is IMPOSSIBLE

that is what makes Elminister Elminister. That is part of his strength, it is like to ask Raistlin gie up his time traveling magic, that is part of HIS resource, HIS STRENGTH

there is no point arguing who wins.

Elminister defintely wins. that is part of Wizard of the Coast's agreement, Elminister ALWAYS wins, he NEVER dies. he probally invented some magic like "kill you outright" or "win the duel" or "I-win-no-matter-what"
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 05:13 PM   #5
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

to me, the question is irrelevant. Aretmis Entreri will slice them both up before they can even scream in surprise.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 06:15 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

yeah, he can, IF he still have any piece of him left (not fried) at that moment
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 06:22 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Off-topic question: isnt Debaser that Demon that got his butt kicked by Arch-mage Dion?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 09:38 PM   #8
Debaser

quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
to me, the question is irrelevant. Aretmis Entreri will slice them both up before they can even scream in surprise.

yeah, that's only if he COULD take them by surprise.....not very likely, and even the smallest failure in such an attempt would mean Entreri's being would be rent asunder by god-awful magic.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:40 PM   #9
Debaser

quote:
Originally posted by Velkyn_OHF:
Off-topic question: isnt Debaser that Demon that got his butt kicked by Arch-mage Dion?

Velkyn-
Can't really say...I actually have no idea what you are referring to. I took my screen name from the kickass Pixies song...
Old 11-05-2001, 04:15 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:

Velkyn-
Can't really say...I actually have no idea what you are referring to. I took my screen name from the kickass Pixies song...

Oh, well Debazzer is a demon from a series im currently reading. Pretty cool one too!
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote