Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 08-24-2002, 02:49 AM   #1
Sythe
Ra

I haven't seen the movie and when it first came out I was not so intrested in D and D. I heard that it was very disappointing for fans is this true if so tell me.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:07 AM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Yes.It is very dispointing.It was an okay movie. I'd give a rating of 3 golden toilets.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 10:18 AM   #3
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would say 2 golden toilet seats and a silver one with a pink seat-warmer [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Nah kiddin, it was ok, i only kinda enjoyed it cause the main characters were thieves.. And i have a weakness for thieves.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:47 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

The movies not the total crap it could have been, and a lot better than the reviews said it was (Always the case with sci-fi and fantasy movies) but since Fellowship cam eout why bother with second grade movies?

But hey, its got dragons so its worth seeing for that at least.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:51 AM   #5
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

That movie was below my lowest expectations. I can't think of any reedeeming quality about this movie. If you wish to throw caution to the wind by disregarding my advice and going to watch it then please bring a Scroll of Protection from Insanity along.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 06:27 PM   #6
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

It's worth seeing just to see the Dwarf who changes size between every scene, at times he appears dwarf sized and then suddenly in the next scene he will have grown to a whooping 6 feet, and as you get to the next scene hes a dwarf again. But apart from that its just a wasted 2 hours of your life.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:04 AM   #7
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Also if anybody could expain the seemingly inexplicable ending of that movie I would be most appreciative.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 02:24 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I wish to know the meaning of the ending as well. [img]tongue.gif[/img] The movie went downhill when they-
~
~
~
~
Spoiler
~
~
~
~
- killed off the best( and tolerable) character... Was his name Slug? It has been some time since I watched it. Then there are the plotholes which can get ridiculous at times. The Dragon fights were cool, but not enough to save the movie. If you have a friend with a VCD/DVD of this movie, then by all means watch it, but try not to spend money watching it. There are far better selections out there.

It should be noted that me and my friends groaned when Slug died. He was the main reason we stayed after the first twenty minutes or so, because he genuinely made us laugh. The only reason we stayed after his death, was to find out how much worse could it get, and the faint glimmer of hope that the Dragon battle would be nice( it was).

[ 09-03-2002, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #9
droidma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's snails not slug
Old 09-03-2002, 05:10 PM   #10
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Even the special effects were poor...

HAW!

haw...where's my signature pic???