Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-07-2000, 08:25 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm working my way through my second play of this game, following the board and recalling games I have played in the past and thought it might be an interesting idea to start a list of things we players would have liked to have seen added (or excluded) from the game.

To start the topic off:
An option to pass the night away safely.
More experience for monsters killed at night.
A safe locker for all the quest items that you don't need to carry. If you were to accidently loose an important item you once had it would turn up in your locker (which would be sizable)
Completed quests going to the back of the quest log and unfinished or more recently received quests at the beginning.
The ability to scroll through the different levels of a map so you might really have an idea where you are going.
Some McEwans in the taverns.
All character classes achievable (presuming you work at it) earlier in the game. Not being able to get Zenmaster until the end is really pointless.
Stupid encounter and chest items such as rusty swords automatically id when you pick them up.
The ability to teleport from town to town once you have initially visited them.
That quests be "counted" as complete the moment you pop in the right door instead of having to wait for the NPC to blather on at length and that's for everyone in the party that completed the quest.

That should get the ball rolling. What would you add to the list???

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2000, 08:57 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Yes, Yes, YES! The map thing irritates me! Having monsters waylay me while I am upping level, changing items or spells (turnbase mode - hello, if I want frantic realism, I'd recount my day, thank you!) or checking my map. The only pause feature being go to save or quit mode. You know how I feel about ladders - feather fall would be nice. Perhaps, having auto ID on certain level items when you reach a certain level. Third level people know what a rusty sword looks like. And not having to always say just the right thing when a quest is done - I mean can't they tell by the way I am glowing for Pete's Sake. Don't even get me started about chasing down Medawa and trying to shove that potion up . . . well, he wouldn't take the stupid thing. And while I like idiot mode of making sure I save . . . at times I feel as though I am doing the Rubix Cube when shutting down for the night. But, keep in mind, these are meant to be constructive critisms - I LOVE THIS GAME and consider myself fortunate to have experienced only the Toad who couldn't be prodded, conjoled to move and when I tried to go over I ended up as part of the floor; leaving Valeia to have the forest look like a wall - back to Kansas, Dorothy, let's reload; quest that remain unacknowledged and a few other things. Definitely, if you are going to give me a complex dungeon like Snake Temple, let me see the WHOLE map and either freeze the critters while I am looking it or ring a dinner bell!
Old 11-07-2000, 10:20 PM   #3
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Wyvern: How long did it take you to beat the entire game, if I may ask? I'm always curious.. I just hit the 18 hour mark and finally completed the crypt. On the way to the toads, next!
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2000, 10:21 PM   #4
KnifeHand

Ugh, the locker thing would be GREAT. I currently have my main character with half of her inventory full of quest items I am afraid to drop...I already regret dropping the Serpin Coins after my rogue completed that quest, because after I got a barbarian and a ninja, they were offered they same quest when they joined the guild. So I now I keep EVERYTHING. I have those monkey idols, the snake idol, the 5 evil elements, about seven keys, a couple scrolls etc etc. Even letting me sell them to a shop (where I know I could get them later) would be nice, but it won't even let you sell them! I had to up her strength just so she could carry it all.

And night time isn't so bad....just don't go into a new area at night. You might run into something nasty. And it would be nice if it were a bit shorter and if Nigtvision gave more of an advantage (it is only slightly better than normal vision) and if Illuminate illuminated more of an area.

and I haven't noticed any significant "combat advantages" at night with my Vampire. And it would be cooler if a vampire bite paralyzed much more often, and caused a constant drain (so you could bite and run away, letting it die on its own). That would be enough to offset the disadvatage of no healing and a slow drain, and actually make a vampire beneficial to the party.
Old 11-08-2000, 12:47 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

While playing today I thought of another thing I would really, really, REALLY like to see added -
A hot button that will cast your protection spells and set your characters up in whatever mode you want - ready to fight with a weapon, spell readied, map mode - your choice.
I hate it that every time I go into town and come back out again I have to redo all this stuff.

Wyv
Old 11-08-2000, 04:42 AM   #6
xenotoca

save and load anywere.
locker space well just make a few extra characters at the inn a load them up.
rest at night is a must
id skill much easier to attain early
some clue as to if you need an item I have two rat skulls collected very early on will I ever need them.
mini game to play during load and waiting for hard drive to slow down so you can move.
online walkthrough were you only ask for a clue when you are really stuck instead of having to by a strategy guide that you cant help looking at.
some agreement between Activision and HP as to a patch.
some point to the tavern
ranged combat that works
Old 11-08-2000, 05:02 AM   #7
xenotoca

oh yeah i forgot
a compass (original game had one) getting turned round during fighting meand looking at the map before moving on.
clock / calender (how much longer must i run around in the dark)
Ability to have my lead character as a horse as the one I have seems invunerable even those amazonian mantraps dont phase him / her LOL
Old 11-08-2000, 05:33 AM   #8
nightowl66

just a note people
this does not work everywhere- as i unfortunately found out- but items dropped on the ground outside the left gate of Ishad Na
stay there indefinately!
i pile all my outdated idols, elements etc there, and if i need to, go back for them- sort of an open storage locker
Old 11-08-2000, 09:13 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

How long did it take me to finish???

To tell the truth, I don't know. I'm waiting on my studio being completed so I can get back to work (and I am most anxious to do so) and have been playing computer games to soften the seemingly endless wait. Now if you asked me how long I have been waiting for my studio to be finished - THAT I could answer!!

Wyv
Old 11-08-2000, 09:22 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

KNIFEHAND -

I carried a rat skull through my whole first game and never found a use for it. Once you have used the evil elements, you don't need them again. Nor will you need the monkey and snake idols. Still a locker so we can all admire our trophies would be a very nice thing indeed.

Wyv