Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Default Has the 1.69 update screwed up my game?

Hey folks,
I've recently patched my game manually, because the auto-updater couldn't do it for some reason. I patched NWN 1 up to 1.69, and now can't seem to play, at all. To be specific, my version is now 1.69.8109 English.
When I press the play button it appears to start loading, but never actually gets there.
Any thoughts?
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

Default Re: Has the 1.69 update screwed up my game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dron_Cah View Post
Hey folks,
I've recently patched my game manually, because the auto-updater couldn't do it for some reason. I patched NWN 1 up to 1.69, and now can't seem to play, at all. To be specific, my version is now 1.69.8109 English.
When I press the play button it appears to start loading, but never actually gets there.
Any thoughts?
You could try disabling the into movies by editing the nwn.ini file :

Add the line

Disable Intro Movies=1

to the [Display Options] section.

If you leave out the word Intro it disables all movies/cut scenes i.e.

Disable Movies=1
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

I appreciate the response, Kezardin. I actually found the answer not long before you posted. I don't know if having windows 7 with the CEP is part of the problem or what, but I'm able to play if I right click and run as administrator, now.
Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else has similar problems.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #4
Kezardin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dron_Cah View Post
I appreciate the response, Kezardin. I actually found the answer not long before you posted. I don't know if having windows 7 with the CEP is part of the problem or what, but I'm able to play if I right click and run as administrator, now.
Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else has similar problems.
Ah, yes - a variety Vista/Windows 7 problems can be cured by the triple whammy of 'run as administrator', 'run in compatibility mode' and 'disable visual themes/ desktop composition/ display scaling'
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote