Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 09:39 AM   #1
Vampire

Everytime I log onto IW we have a new member! Imagine a welcome party for everyone of them. *gasp*
IW is soo popular! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well hello new members [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2002, 10:52 AM   #2
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Helo new members!
Why do I have the sence this is spamming ?
Old 01-14-2002, 10:57 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I also have the feeling that a lot of them just post one question about Baldur's Gate or some other game and then become inactive.

But anyways, welcome to Ironworks, new members!
Old 01-14-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Byronas:
Helo new members!
Why do I have the sence this is spamming ?

No you've got me wrong! [img]smile.gif[/img] I am not spamming. This is a genuine concern! I mean I love new members but Ziroc how are we doing? Can our server cope??
Old 01-14-2002, 02:52 PM   #5
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Thanks for all the talk, has anyone noticed no newcomers have even acknowledged this post?! They all come for one uestion as you said. Register for a lifetime dang nabbit!
Old 01-14-2002, 03:06 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yea, There's Always A New Member When I Log On Too! Btw Avatar, I Love Your New Sig Picture!!
Old 01-14-2002, 03:40 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, you never know. They may log on, ask a question, and never come back, but they may continue to ask questions, then get to know people, and then we've got them hooked!

I would say that about 90% of the members of IW are strictly gaming-oriented folk, though, and never make it into General Discussions.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-14-2002, 04:30 PM   #8
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cheers for the welcome, I'm definately here to stay. I'm allready hooked and I don't even go in the Baldurs Gate forums.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:38 PM   #9
Thoran
Galvatron

I showed up to complain about Pool of Radiance... bad game but this is a good forum, so I've gotten something positive out of my $40.00. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You'll always have the people who ask one question and leave... but if for every 20 of them you get one who stays and contributes you'll have a very lively board very quickly.

I've been on a different UBB for years (camaroz28.com), but I'm 2700 miles away from my car... driving a lethargic rental for a year, so I don't want to think about how much I miss it... but I do enjoy the conversation that you get on a board, so this was a fortuitous find! Too bad I can't keep my post count though... I'm already sick of being a lowly guard [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Thoran ]

Old 01-14-2002, 04:51 PM   #10
Durwyn
Elminster

Hmm well, I'm not that kind of person that just posts one post somewhere and leaves, but I am a new member overall hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Greetings ye mates and ladies! Durwyn the Dwarf here! I love you all! This is a wonderful community! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] .