Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-21-2005, 02:44 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ok, I had high hopes for World of Warcraft.. (and this is my first character, and its finally level 36) but I'm sick of it now. it's repetitive, and boring now. kill, die, run to corpse, kill, die, level up in a few days.

I just don't have time to play this 5 hours a day guys.. I have no idea how these other players have lvl 60 chars.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think the reason too is that I am FRACKING SICK of the STANGLEVALE JUNGLE. God... Is there anywhere else I can go to for a lvl 36? I am sick of it. collect 10 cow balls for a reward... YEY! collect 9 rabbit asses for 12 silver! WEEE! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] come on....... does it get any better than that?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:05 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm you could try Guild wars Z.

Plus you would save that pesky monthy fee that Wow makes you pay.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:11 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Yes Ziroc. Join the club. Play Guild Wars. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:56 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, as I said, as soon as I can buy a copy, I'll be there [img]smile.gif[/img] Buying my PC upgrade first..

How is GW game play wise? is it like WOW where you gotta grind for levels/items?

Old 05-21-2005, 05:43 AM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Not really. I've only just started out (I'm level 4 now)

But there are heaps of quests and ways to get better stuff. Different skills etc plus it is more focused around teamwork.

I'm really liking it.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:51 AM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well its a shame your done with WoW, tis truly a fun game. If you are bored of Stranglethorn, try the Arathi highlands or desolace. Alterac can also provide you with other adventures.

You can also try another character (Like a horde character) and a different class. My brother got up to level 35 with his mage before he realized it wasn't working, then moved to an Undead Warlock.

Also, moving to a PvP server might cure your itch, especially when they finalize Battlegrounds.

[ 05-22-2005, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Tons of good places and quests Ziroc trie Ferales, Thousand Needles, Arathi Highlands, Wetlands and so on and get in groups for instances it is wery cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have a lvl 60 Mage who are now Commander PVP and a lvl 45 Warrior and still i loooove the game never get tired of it
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Tons of good places and quests Ziroc trie Ferales, Thousand Needles, Arathi Highlands, Wetlands and so on and get in groups for instances it is wery cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have a lvl 60 Mage who are now Commander PVP and a lvl 45 Warrior and still i loooove the game never get tired of it
I think Feralas is too high for him at this point (40+ if I am not mistaken).

But along with what Megabot said, if you can just wait an extra 4 levels, you will discover some amazing things.
Level 40- Paladins get plate.
Level 40- Scarlet Monastery is a fun place to raid without dying so often.
Level 40- Tanaris Desert, Feralas, Badlands, and more.
Level 40- A lot of new instances accessible.
Level 40- Paladins quest for a free mount.
Level 40- You can now branch out with blacksmithing skills (provided you are at 200) and go the way of the weaponsmith or armorsmith.
Level 40- Opens a whole new world for WoW.

[ 05-22-2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I am a little shocked you're bored already too. But then, the grind slows a little bit around your level and then speeds up again at about 40.

Stranglethorn Vale is a jungle setting. I had the same problem as you. It does not appeal to many of us who came looking for a classical medieval-looking RPG. So I went to a different area for a time (Arathi Highlands iirc for that level) and had a blast. I finally came back to STV and discovered it actually is quite an interesting area as you do the quests.

Another of your problems is Paladin...you will constantly be challenged to find ways to escape the monotony of swinging, buffing every 5 mins, swinging, buffing (really only if you solo)...But stick with it! Team more at this level rather than solo as this will help to lighten the grind. Like SM said, at 40 you get plate and you get a free horsey!

Yes, GW is the same stuff as WoW and WoW has alot more content so I doubt trying another MMO will alleviate the prob for more than a week.

I am still loving this game. Battlegrounds is coming in the next 2 weeks so that's a whole new world to look forward too.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:51 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'm outta the Jungle and DO feel better [img]smile.gif[/img] . I was just in a slump. Not quitting at all. Just was in a mood.. hehe..

I'm a Dwarven Warrior though. So no free mount. *BAH!* [img]smile.gif[/img] maybe my guild can help me with the $$.

I'll head to Arathi tomorrow and explore there!! Should be cool.