Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

Um, I rescued Haer'dalis from Mekrath but wasn't ready for him to join me, so I said I would meet him at the Five Flagons.

I have gone to meet him and asked him to join me, he said he might if I got him 'gem' back.

I then told him that I had but he would not touch it and told me to take it to Raelis Shai.

I took it to her and got the experience and money and the summoning of the portal started. I said I would help with whatever came through.

I killed a few things that came through the portal, and after killing a shadow fiend, all the actors, apart from Haer'dalis turned hostile.

Now I killed em, but couldn't get Haer'dalis to join me, and I couldn't go through the portal then.

How do I stop them going hostile.

Luckily I have my save game just before I go down to them.

What am I doing wrong?

Lady Zidane

My game is paused as we speak, with me scratching my head....
Old 03-16-2002, 06:26 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Did anyone accidentally hit any of the actors? Were any actors accidentally hit by any area effect spell? These are the only reasons of which I can conceive for the actors turning hostile.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 08:11 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

No, you did right. When you go through that portal, you're initially confronted by a bunch of prison "officials" who are out to give you summary justice. They'll all attack you, and Haer'dalis should not be around. The only character you should avoid attacking in any way is that little slave in the upper right portion of the battlezone. He can give you some very useful clues about how to survive, and secretly attack the thugs who run the prison.

This is one tough, lengthy battle, by the way, at least for youngish parties. If that's you, you might want to consider getting the last auto-save, and gaining a couple of levels before tackling things.

A few points to note:

Avoid the fleshy, pulsating protuberances on the ground. Not only do they look disgusting, but if one of your character steps on one, they'll be transported to a cage dimension filled with enemies. Not good.

Summoned creatures can step over the protuberances without effort. Your party has to go around 'em.

Grab some of the devices you'll find on the prisoners who attack you. You'll know what I mean when you find 'em. Don't use 'em. Just keep 'em. They'll come in handy much later in the game.

Save and rest frequently. You'll need it.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:25 AM   #4
Thara Song
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am trying to put together my favorit groupe. But i cant remember where I had to go to rescue Haer'dalis from Mekrath.

Can someone tell me where it was?

Please..
Thara Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 11:43 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

fable, you are one step forward( and accidentally spoiled like... well most of what is going to happen, so you might want to edit your post). Zidane has not stepped through the portal yet. Azred has given the possible scenerios of what may have gone wrong for her.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 11:45 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Thara Song:
I am trying to put together my favorit groupe. But i cant remember where I had to go to rescue Haer'dalis from Mekrath.
Can someone tell me where it was?
Please..
Hint: Temple District Sewers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 02:59 PM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

if you can't get it straight you can still ctrl+q him to join your party, but you'll miss out on some nice items behind that portal. as azred said you've probably struck one of the actors with some area effect spell (e.g. fireball, agnaazar scorcher) or maybe one of your partymembers has attacked them in confused state
Old 03-21-2002, 04:08 PM   #8
Nifft the Nimble

M'Lady,

A others have pointed out, you most likely hit one of the other acters with an area-effect spell. Don't worry about killing the shadow fiend: you must only survive its attacks long enough for some uninvited guests to arrive. They will solve any remaining planar creature problems.
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote