Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

http://www.inteldaily.com/?c=166&a=1478

Oh dear.

Quote:
Originally written by Webster G. Tarpley:
WASHINGTON DC, -- The long awaited US military attack on Iran is now on track for the first week of April, specifically for 4 am on April 6, the Good Friday opening of Easter weekend, writes the well-known Russian journalist Andrei Uglanov in the Moscow weekly "Argumenty Nedeli." Uglanov cites Russian military experts close to the Russian General Staff for his account.

The attack is slated to last for 12 hours, according to Uglanov, from 4 am until 4 pm local time. Friday is the sabbath in Iran. In the course of the attack, code named Operation Bite, about 20 targets are marked for bombing; the list includes uranium enrichment facilities, research centers, and laboratories.

The first reactor at the Bushehr nuclear plant, where Russian engineers are working, is supposed to be spared from destruction. The US attack plan reportedly calls for the Iranian air defense system to be degraded, for numerous Iranian warships to be sunk in the Persian Gulf, and for the most important headquarters of the Iranian armed forces to be wiped out.

The attacks will be mounted from a number of bases, including the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. Diego Garcia is currently home to B-52 bombers equipped with standoff missiles. Also participating in the air strikes will be US naval aviation from aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf, as well as from those of the Sixth Fleet in the Mediterranean. Additional cruise missiles will be fired from submarines in the Indian Ocean and off the coast of the Arabian peninsula. The goal is allegedly to set back Iran’s nuclear program by several years, writes Uglanov, whose article was reissued by RIA-Novosti in various languages, but apparently not English, several days ago. The story is the top item on numerous Italian and German blogs, but so far appears to have been ignored by US websites.

Observers comment that this dispatch represents a high-level orchestrated leak from the Kremlin, in effect a war warning, which draws on the formidable resources of the Russian intelligence services, and which deserves to be taken with the utmost seriousness by pro-peace forces around the world.

Asked by RIA-Novosti to comment on the Uglanov report, retired Colonel General Leonid Ivashov confirmed its essential features in a March 21 interview: "I have no doubt that there will be an operation, or more precisely a violent action against Iran." Ivashov, who has reportedly served at various times as an informal advisor to Russian President Vladimir Putin, is currently the vice president of the Moscow Academy for Geopolitical Sciences.

Ivashov attributed decisive importance to the decision of the Democratic leadership of the US House of Representatives to remove language from the just-passed Iraq supplemental military appropriations bill that would have demanded that Bush come to Congress before launching an attack on Iran. Ivashov pointed out that the language was eliminated under pressure from AIPAC, the lobbing group representing the Israeli extreme right, and from Israeli Foreign Minister Tsipi Livni.

"We have drawn the unmistakable conclusion that this operation will take place," said Ivashov. In his opinion, the US planning does not include a land operation: "Most probably there will be no ground attack, but rather massive air attacks with the goal of annihilating Iran's capacity for military resistance, the centers of administration, the key economic assets, and quite possibly the Iranian political leadership, or at least part of it," he continued.

Ivashov noted that it was not to be excluded that the Pentagon would use smaller tactical nuclear weapons against targets of the Iranian nuclear industry. These attacks could paralyze everyday life, create panic in the population, and generally produce an atmosphere of chaos and uncertainty all over Iran, Ivashov told RIA-Novosti. "This will unleash a struggle for power inside Iran, and then there will be a peace delegation sent in to install a pro-American government in Teheran," Ivashov continued. One of the US goals was, in his estimation, to burnish the image of the current Republican administration, which would now be able to boast that they had wiped out the Iranian nuclear program.

Among the other outcomes, General Ivashov pointed to a partition of Iran along the same lines as Iraq, and a subsequent carving up of the Near and Middle East into smaller regions. "This concept worked well for them in the Balkans and will now be applied to the greater Middle East," he commented.

"Moscow must exert Russia's influence by demanding an emergency session of the United Nations Security Council to deal with the current preparations for an illegal use of force against Iran and the destruction of the basis of the United Nations Charter,” said General Ivashov. "In this context Russia could cooperate with China, France and the non-permanent members of the Security Council. We need this kind of preventive action to ward off the use of force," he concluded.

Resources:

http://fr.rian.ru/world/20070319/62260006.html
]http://fr.rian.ru/world/20070321/62387717.html

About the author:

Webster G. Tarpley is a journalist. Among other works, he has published an investigation on the manipulation of the Red Brigades by the Vatican’s P2 Suite and the assassination of Aldo Moro, a non-authorized biography of George H. Bush, and more recently an analysis of the methods used to perpetrate the September 11, 2001 attacks.
(Following links posted by shamrock_uk in the 15 Marines thread)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...pe/6499605.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6498611.stm

So, what does everyone think? Is the shit going to hit the fan in April?

[ 03-27-2007, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: PurpleXVI ]
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Can't say it was unexpected... So much for the axis of terror!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
Lucern
Quintesson

I thought this would be about something else. A large wedge of cheese to whoever can tell me what other thing started on the 6th of April, perhaps that would make this an ill omen if one believed in such things?
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Besides being what this article claims itself to be: which is an accurate exposure of Top Secret events yet to unfold (doubt it!) This story could also be:
A.impressive fearmongering?
B.Sensationalistic speculation?
C.Clever propaganda?
D.Psycological diplomacy aimed at the Iranians. A threat without making a threat?
E. All (or some) of the above ?

Hell if I know!
D. sure is clever.
I did just read on the A.P. the U.S. Navy is starting major war games in the Persian Gulf this week.

[ 03-28-2007, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 03-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Uhm, yeap!
Received message: We are fine. We are under way to new location. No orders for return to port. RLS 0001 29 MAR 07 Zulu. Bro.

Bro is a submariner, they are changing locations, and will go to silent watch at midnight on the 29th of Mar 2007, Zulu time.
Silent watch means no in or out bound traffic except satellite comms with the Top 3.

The cylinder he calls home is NOT the type you want within 1100KM of anything we have satellite contact with!

Thou not routine, this is not an uncommon message either and would coincide with both events listed above.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

VERY interesting, as I too have some personal information saying "Watch for something BIG in early April". Can't say more than this.

This is gonna open many cans of worms.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Let's go fishin'...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
I thought this would be about something else. A large wedge of cheese to whoever can tell me what other thing started on the 6th of April, perhaps that would make this an ill omen if one believed in such things?
My birthday is the 6th April, that's the big thing happening that day, all those talks of war and such is just a cover up.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #9
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Let's go fishin'...
You know, that was my exact thought when I read Z's post.

Though I was going to add some smartass comment about whether or not we'd be catching herring with two heads afterwards.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #10
Lucern
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by Lucern:
My birthday is the 6th April, that's the big thing happening that day, all those talks of war and such is just a cover up. [/QUOTE]lol Luvian. The day represents the beginning of something a bit more grim.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote