Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:07 PM   #171
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by promethius9594:

maybe if you all would stop being so hateful to america you would see how stupid it sounds when you trash on america left and right and then cry if someone even asks the slightest thing about why another country is "better than us." Timber, I'm starting to see your point, maybe this 'current events' forum should be renamed "I HATE AMERICA"
Boohoo.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #172
Masklinn

And I do NOT hate America. If I talk here its not to bash on the US, just to try to understand and maybe, i say maybe, make things change a bit. If I hated the US I would not be talking to you right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #173
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

wait, masklin, france's deal with iraq was... what... SMALL? no way! which country had a larger contract for oil from iraq than france?

second, the WAY i asked the question was not bannable in the least. i've asked the same question here before, and other forums, and the answer i always get is the joke "cheese" or "wine." I want a serious answer, not a joke. its the FACT that i asked the question that has you irked. if anybody said "what, aside from cowboys and cheezewhiz, has america done lately?" NOBODY WOULD CARE!!! in fact, i've even seen ON THIS FORUM people call americans all sorts of things (some worse than simply cowboy) so don't cry to me.

reread my question, then reread your question imagining from the perspective of an american who supports his government. i think you'll see that the WAY you phrased your question was horribly insulting.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:22 PM   #174
Masklinn

Did you hear me talk about cowboys, burgers, coke and whatever in my questions ? Please please.

Let me quote myself now :
Quote:
And I still don't understand how some of you can still defend GWB and his admnistration after all they've done. I understand he is your president and you have to show some respect, ok. But what good did he exactly do to this world ? Democracy has this purpose : when the leading team sucks, you can replace it, you're not supposed to support it full time.
Is it the word "sucks" ? I m sorry. I mean they're not good at it.

But let's not get into a fight. Peace. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2004, 05:25 PM   #175
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

well, here are the exact copy of the rules: But make no mistake, anyone that slanders/talks badly or ANY Country, their people/customs, creed, ect, they will loose their posting access to Ironworks.

technically neither you nor i violated this rule, so i agree, peace. the problem i have is that OTHERS come in and claim bannable, when THEY have said much worse about america.

I wasn't asking the question to be insulting, just to generate the point that YOU don't see what is coming out of america as good when you dont get to see everything that is coming out of america. nor do I think that everything coming out of france is good, but again... I dont know everything that france is doing in the world.

Peace Masklinn? lets celebrate my becoming a drow warrior instead...
Old 05-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #176
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

You know I don't get promethius9594. He insulted me in my last post for no reason. No were did I say I hated America. Just posted that a report came out that stated as a result of the war terrorism increased and in European countries especially. So if the war is going to increase terrorism in say France than those people have every right to be critical of the American Government and its current war.

promethius9594 seems to be a follower of the president right or wrong on his decision. Or maybe he is a staunch Republican that believes that they can do no wrong. Personally when Bush does something right I say so. I am starting to tire of the attitude of saying that people should not be critical of the president, because it means they think they are better, or they are un-American, or hate America, or they act like traitors etc.. Masklinn did nothing to deserve your comments, and I did nothing to deserve your snide remark earlier. Please stop with this attitude. If someone post something they you don't agree with you, say so and state your reason you feel this way. None of this you hate us, or comments like use your brain stuff. Take some lessons from Timber on how to respond in a cynical with some class.

[ 05-25-2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 05-25-2004, 05:35 PM   #177
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

first, i didnt insult you. i stated that what was said in the article (not your comments) is not surprising and has been said before.

second, boohooing an 'insult' and then turning around and calling me a mindless bush-zombie is a bit hypocritical.

third, i didnt 'attack' masklinn. i asked him a question. somehow, apparently, questioning any country other than america or britain is a bannable offense in this forum. the point i made wasnt even directed at masklinn, it was directed at those who think its okay to attack america, but that no one can say the SLIGHTEST thing about another country. i've NEVER stated that questioning america is wrong or shouldnt be done... but i demand the same right to question the actions of another country.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #178
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by promethius9594:
first, i didnt insult you. i stated that what was said in the article (not your comments) is not surprising and has been said before.

second, boohooing an 'insult' and then turning around and calling me a mindless bush-zombie is a bit hypocritical.

third, i didnt 'attack' masklinn. i asked him a question. somehow, apparently, questioning any country other than america or britain is a bannable offense in this forum. the point i made wasnt even directed at masklinn, it was directed at those who think its okay to attack america, but that no one can say the SLIGHTEST thing about another country. i've NEVER stated that questioning america is wrong or shouldnt be done... but i demand the same right to question the actions of another country.
It is perfectly acceptable to question the actions of another country. By the way I was still getting my thoughts together so when I posted there were like 5 or 6 new post that I had not read and you seemed to clear some things up in those. I did not 'boohoo' you either that was someone else, I don't agree with that either. You cleared some things up in the last few post thanks. As for the mind-less zombie sorry but from the few post I read it seemed that no one should be allowed to say anything about any of Bush's current actions if we disagree and it was just the way you came off.

[ 05-25-2004, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 05-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #179
Masklinn

Oh guys, lets drop it. Promethius just dont jump me next time I'll talk about your coke&burger country and then we'll be even ok ?
Old 05-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #180
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

fair deal. what is new in paris anyway? its been almost a year since i've gotten out there and i dont think im going to make it there this summer...