Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #21
wellard
Dracolisk

Default Re: What's new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Hey good to see everyone, I don;t have a great deal of time to play games anymore which fing sucks but thats how my job goes these days. I may buy an ipad so I can keep up more on the road. I'm still driving a truck and be afraid I may visit your area.
Visit my area and I'll shout the bar all night

Stay safe on the road LOA

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

ESO is pretty addictive. The levelling experience is at least. It's got a lot more rough edges compared to WoW, particularly with the quality of life stuff, but the world is wonderfully immersive and there's no "one best" spec for anything - you can be whatever you want to be and be viable, bit like Skyrim. I strongly recommend it! And the PvP is epic - it's more zerg pvp than anything but it's heaps of fun, it feels like Alterac Valley x 100.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #23
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Ok, short update on my computer. It's fully assembled and running. Well lit up also. First liquid cooler died on me, fortunately no damage to the system overall, that I've noticed. Replaced it with a new one.

Anyway, I'm encountering an issue which I'm hoping to resolve. My Keyboard and Mouse are USB devices. Naturally, I'm inclined to plug them into the back of my computer. Problem, MB disables rear USB ports on sleep mode. When I get the system out of sleep mode via the power button on the case, keyboard and mouse fail to re-start. Had to reboot computer to get them running again. Also have a USB 3.0 PCI-e card installed in the back with an internal 3.0 header to feed my forward 3.0 ports. (short-sighted me didn't notice that in spite having 3.0 ports on the rear, the MB did NOT have a 3.0 header inside)

Question is two fold:
1) Is it possible to keep the rear USB ports active even in sleep mode, and how?
2) If the above is not possible, could plugging the mouse and keyboard into the PCI-e card prove to be a viable work-around, or would those ports likely have the same issues as the ones on the MB?

I am finding some tech help elsewhere as well. If I find anything that answers my questions successfully, I'll likely post a link or, at least a copied paragraph.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #24
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Ok, figured it out, I think. in the BIOS for the MSI motherboard there's a section marked (obviously) wake up settings, or something like that. Under that tab, everything is defaulted to disabled. Just have to go in and change them to enabled. Mouse and keyboard now wake up the computer.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote