Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
DoddTheSlayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Patches for version 1.3

There are some errors in the new version. Especialy for the expert 1.3 so i have made a patch for each with the expert 1.3 patch bein much bigger.

For a full list of the fixes checkout the readme file. here are the links.

Normal Version 1.4 http://www.mediafire.com/?u19shhymcoy
Expert Version 1.4 http://www.mediafire.com/?dvejtxo8cjj

Note that these are just patches that can only be applied to version 1.3 which will take you up to version 1.4.
Primarily for a newly installed version 1.3 so if you apply it to a saved game be aware that some changes won't be applied depending on how far you have gone into the game.

Thanks to DeepO from RPG Watch for bringing just about all of the bugs to my attention.

Last edited by DoddTheSlayer; 05-26-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: links needed changing
DoddTheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:48 AM   #2
DoddTheSlayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Patches for version 1.3

The links above have been changed due to a missing TGA file that had to be added that was causing a crash in the 3 rune locations. Quite possibly the normal version is ok, but the Expert version definately is not.
I changed both just to be sure.

If you already started a game with the other patches applied then don't worry. You will not have to start over again even if you had allready been to those locations and got the crash.
Once the missing tga file is added you can enter those locations. This is something i know from lots of testing.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
DoddTheSlayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Final bugs cleared up now with new links at the top of this thread again.
As before it was just missing tga files and so you will not need to start over, but you will need to download the patch again if you are experiencing crashes in either the Northern Wilderness or Mountain Wilderness after applying the patch from the previous links.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I'm just installing it now. I'm surprised it didn't install right to the Wiz 8 directory. I don't know where it downloaded to, but I had to do it again.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

So far I'm quite disappointed! On normal, some of the battles are too tough and I feel I have nowhere to go.

The items needed to a activate the retro dungeons have been changed and I have no idea what the heck works now. I'm not going to try every item in the game.

I found the house with the note on the bookshelf stating I need a simple staff for the wilderness one. I tried the short staff and quarterstaff and they both don't work. Those are the only simple ones in the game, to me anyway.

I don't mind a little spoiler. The one for the cemetary is no longer the dagger either...
Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
tpepl626
Welcomed New User

SPOILER

I can totally understand your frustration as I reached the same point and almost just quit out of anger.
But I trusted in the mod and just kept plowing through.

To open the old retro dungeons you use the same items as before combined with something else. The something else has to do with the new houses, but you need the key from the houses owner first. I've found a couple of the keys but not all of them yet.

Also if you are having troubles with the 3 groups of bandits, try getting a couple death bombs from the mobster ratkin guy in trynton, they were invaluable to me.
tpepl626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Thanks for the help.
I started again with 4 Gadgies! Talk about self abuse!! I only allow them to throw and use their Omni gun and gadgy items. It's pretty tough.
I did find 2 keys with the last party. Do they have to be combined before us?

Oh, and Welcome!
The board is definitely my favourite. Check out some of the other areas. The posties are mature, but fun. General Discussion always has something interesting.

Last edited by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood; 06-16-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, I have the 3 keys and the 3 items. I'm not sure what I can get in the houses. There were some notes there, which did not help much....

Edit: Ok, I forgot about the picture on the wall

I don't think my 4 Gadgies are cutting it. It's too costly on ammo to buy better equipment..

Last edited by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood; 06-19-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood is offline   Reply With Quote