Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

OK,

Here's the deal.

Work is paying for me to go to a Sales conference in Seoul. I will be there for 5 days. Most of the days I am stuck inside but the nights are all free and I have one morning and one full day to myself before I fly back.

I want to check out some of the cool technology (phones, sat nav etc) over there and was looking for some advice on where to go.

So I'm looking for advice from my fellow Ironworkers on places to go, and things to see.

Cheers!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Go check out Ming Li, she'll love you long time for only 5 dollah.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL, could have expected that one from you Johnny. Plus she is already on my travel plans [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I say Go to the Airport check that place out then fly to somewhere better then south korea lol
Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Hey mate,

When I was there I checked out a large technology market at Yongsan train subway station which had hordes of cameras, phones, computers etc. I think it may even be called the Yongsan Electronics Market. Well worth a look. There's a great little sandwich shop nearby too, mmmmm!

I also went to a night market which was running well past 1am, masses of outdoor stalls but also several huge malls all selling at market prices - more clothes and accessories. I can't remember what it was called but it's THE night markets.

Another market I loved was the Dongdaemun (East Gate) markets that has been ther for over 1000 years according to one of the locals. Apparently the Namdaemun markets (South Gate) are cool too.

For night life, there's Itaewon which is a bit American but has some cool places. I'd recommend the Hongik University area (subway stop named the same) - many, many very Korean bars there. I spent many a night between two clubs (Noise Basement and Harlem) in Gangnam (Gangnam station) district they're hip-hop clubs but nothing like Sydney - very safe and fun. Can easily walk in there just for a beer without looking like a dickhead or getting into a fight. Unless you're a US soldier and then they won't let you in!

Have fun matey!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey mate.

Sweet thanks for the advice. it was what I was looking for. Yongsang Electronics market was already on the list but the rest of the stuff you suggested is gold.

Night markets would be good since most of the day im inside the COEX centre.

Cheers!