Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 06:12 AM   #11
Link
Jack Burton

Still, you were disliking the game. After how many hours of playing did that happen?

Just wondering in case I want to try WoW [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:12 AM   #12
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I'm outta the Jungle and DO feel better [img]smile.gif[/img] . I was just in a slump. Not quitting at all. Just was in a mood.. hehe..

I'm a Dwarven Warrior though. So no free mount. *BAH!* [img]smile.gif[/img] maybe my guild can help me with the $$.

I'll head to Arathi tomorrow and explore there!! Should be cool.
Oh... my bad. I thought you had a paladin character

Also, if you need cash when you hit 40 for a mount, do what I am doing. The best place for making cash, as the world knows it to be, is the left instance of the Scarlet Monastery (graveyard). The best part is you solo a bit and fight 5 level 33 elites at most, and then you hit the graveyard itself. There, you will find a plethora of spirits that are non elite level 31-32's, each dropping 1-5sp plus cloth. There is also a rare spawn which always seems to drop a blue sword, and there are also numerous chests. I just checked into this place, and I intend to spend a good 2 days just in here. In 30 min I made 2 gp just from SP drops, not to mention an abundance of silk cloth and a tailoring recipe.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:15 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Still, you were disliking the game. After how many hours of playing did that happen?

Just wondering in case I want to try WoW [img]smile.gif[/img]
over 90 hours atleast.. I more like disliked the area I was in than the game. Plus I wasn't feeling well this past week.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:46 AM   #14
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Also collect Mageweave Clot, it is tons of it in Uldaman in Badlands 20 can you sell on AH for 1,50 G and trie sell all you dont need on AH then the money for the Mount will be there soon hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]
Also trie go to Aburdine many good quests there too, easy ones with good xp [img]smile.gif[/img]
And be sure to do the Warrior quests asap you get a wery good sword for the quest at the end
And if you need help or hints for quests all are here : http://www.thottbot.com/?f=q

[ 05-23-2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Remember my thead? I warned people here that Warcraft was going to get boring and repetative just like final fantasy XI [img]tongue.gif[/img] Kill die kill die get XP level up. It's repetition. Remember what Stephen King said about Repetition: Hell is repetition [img]tongue.gif[/img] So why play a game that feels like that?

Let's all play guild wars and hold hands and sing songs!

Nip repetition in the bud, Z

Im glad you figured that out so soon. It took me a year and a half to realize it ; _;
Old 05-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

What makes GW a total break from the grind that every MMO has (serious question cuz if there is something I haven't heard about it yet)?

I must say (and I will stand by this) that WoW only felt 'grindy' for about 3 levels. Not even coming close to 60 felt it at all cuz there is so much content that you are constantly distracted from the leveling. In games like CoH there was so *little* content that all you could do was watch your bars move agonizingly slow and pray.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #17
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
What makes GW a total break from the grind that every MMO has (serious question cuz if there is something I haven't heard about it yet)?
GW got quests to do, quests similar to those in single player non online games.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:08 PM   #18
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

GW has so many great areas and a realy storyline feel to it.

You progress through the game you don't just vist new areas because you are now strong enough. Example. You start of in Acalon City which is soon to be attached by the Charr. You start by doing early level quests building up your skills by visiting different trainers. Once you feel you are ready you then speak to Sir Tydus who take you to the next level of the game. This game makes you progress through a story.

There is also great teamwork in the game with structured guilds.

You will never need to patch this game as all patches are streamed to you while your playing. Realtime updates can happen so you can be talking to a merchant. Finish talking to him and then talk to him again only to find out he has different items.

The way they have set up professions is different to any other game I have seen.

I don't even look at the level bar as I'm to busy playing the game.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I've already made a character and i'm keeping him in the newbie area. He's a nice monk/warrior who can tank for you or heal you if necessary. I've also got some items for you including a bottle of ale [img]smile.gif[/img] Just know that whenever you decide to join Guild Wars I'm ready to show you the ropes, Z [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #20
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm I have a monk/warrior as well. Its a popular combo. I will need some help from you soon so my el/ranger can get to the trainer near wizards folly. Thats a hard track for low level characters.