Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-15-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I really hate to burden you guys, but 20minutes ago my mom woke me up with an email from my dad. Those of you who don't know, he's a captain for FedEx, so he was out on a trip.

Apparently he's been doing thinking and decided he want's to live his life his own way. As in do nothing but surf, fish, and dive, and when he retires this year he wants to move to Cabo San Lucas, not to the huge house we're in the middle of building.
But not with us. With another woman who allegedy "shares his dream".

I can't believe he would be this selfish. He and my mom just had their 30th anniversary in July...we didn't have any idea he was going to do something like this...

What am I supposed to do? I haven't been able to stop crying, and that's probably the best for now. My bro is coming over soon and of course I'm to call my friends...
Old 08-15-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*hugs* you poor thing. I'll be on msn if you want to talk. Take care you
Old 08-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Oh, my Lord, Jen, that is just awful. Don't they realize what they do when they pull something like that? Yeah, I know, I've been divorced, but there were no kids involved. I am so sorry. Just realize that none of this is your fault, it is your father behaving badly, not you. You and your mom will get through this, and it will get better. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, whether you want 'em or not.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:29 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
What am I supposed to do?
Tell him what kind of selfish bastard he is?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced anything similar but my brother had his wife tell him one day that she wanted to divorce him. My brother suffered a lot because he hadn't had any warnings beforehand.

I hope that for you the situation will turn out better.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Damn, I'm sorry for you LB. I wonder how long he've been thinking about this.

In any case, a pretty rotten way to deliver the message.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Jesus! I feel so sorry for you. I mean, by email! wtf??? Just talk to your friends, try and keep your mind off of it as much as you can (although that can't be easy) and don't keep your feelings to yourself.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #8
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Thanks guys...just one thing to clear up, he's retiring in 5 years, not next year.

My mom is holding up a lot better than me so far. She told me she's still in shock and hasn't had the chance to feel bad yet.

I think the only reason he emailed this was because we haven't heard from him since he left on his trip a few days ago, so my mom sent him an email asking him why he hasn't called, and that was his response. He said he'd call later.

I just heard my mom tell a friend of ours "my daughter is devastated". And I really am...my dad was like the biggest role model in my life before my brother, and then he does something like this...
Old 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

I'm really sorry to hear that LadyBlue. Of course your post is not a burden, there's always someone around here willing to listen. What is a burden is your father's news. You should always try to remember that no matter what stupidities your parents get up to, it has nothing to do with you in the long run. Of course I understand that this doesn't solve any of the emotional and practical problems you and your family are facing now, I just wanted to let you know that in the end you should not let any radical actions or bad judgement on his part influence your life. I'm speaking from experience - my father's made some of the worst f***ups you can imagine in the way he treated me, my sister and my mother, whom he divorced, and it took me quite a while to realise that this has nothing to do with me, but with his own character and his own mistakes. And yes it's very unfair that the children usually become the victims of it, but you will get through that!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

That sucks Jen, I've already said everything on MSN so you know I'm around when you need me.