Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-15-2002, 07:34 PM   #11
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Z!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:42 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I'm with you, LadyZ, I have NO idea why you would use such a thing. But, hey, if it makes it faster, I'm all for it.
Why someone would use the search feature? Well, most people (New users and old) usually do a search for whatever they are needing help with before posting a question--that most likely has already been covered 10 times already [img]smile.gif[/img] MANY people have been dying to have the search feature back, so I got it working..

It IS faster right? For me it seems so.. also, the searches seem QUICK as hell as well!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-16-2002, 12:56 AM   #13
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

It's definately faster Z! Thanks. I'm one of those people who would rather find it myself than ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 08:25 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
It's definately faster Z! Thanks. I'm one of those people who would rather find it myself than ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cool, and the search isn't crashing and slowing the forum down at ALL!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Anyone else think it seems faster reading/posting/loading threads up here and in the Baldurs Gate II forum?

Old 10-16-2002, 09:11 AM   #15
norompanlasolas

yep, its definitely faster, at least for me. plus, it made me curious as to hang around the archives for a while, viewing old posts (especially those posted during 9/11). and ive seen a couple of member hanging around there too.

[ 10-16-2002, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]
Old 10-16-2002, 11:39 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm happy about the search feature and the faster posting etc. But I was sorry the links LadyZ dug up don't work because it was kind of exciting to see people's first posts again! HA! Even found my own that way!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:00 PM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I'm happy about the search feature and the faster posting etc. But I was sorry the links LadyZ dug up don't work because it was kind of exciting to see people's first posts again! HA! Even found my own that way!
Ahh! Hmm Well, she could go to the Gen con archives and do a search for them and update the links.. It would take time, but it would be worth it.. I didn't get to read most of them..

Old 10-16-2002, 01:49 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Ahh! Hmm Well, she could go to the Gen con archives and do a search for them and update the links.. It would take time, but it would be worth it.. I didn't get to read most of them.. [/QB]
True, we have the search button working again! Guess we'll have to find some free time and browse through the old threads. [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL, my first posts ever on your boards, Z, were in a BG2 thread on the Sexiest male npc characters in BG2! LOL I think we mostly moaned about how the ladies got stuck with Anomen as their only choice. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 01:52 PM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

I found loads of links too Wendy, mine don't work any more either
But I'm glad the forum is faster and more stable now so that the search function works again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 11:02 PM   #20
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ahh! Hmm Well, she could go to the Gen con archives and do a search for them and update the links.. It would take time, but it would be worth it.. I didn't get to read most of them.. [/QUOTE]That's too bad you didn't get to see them, quite a few of those links were yours Ziroc, I was showing all the different stages that you went through to get to this forum as it stands today, along with all our posts also around that time. Wahh. Maybe I'll give it a shot again in the archives section, but quite a task it would be, as I had to go back to like the mid 400s re pages to find the ones I did, doh!

[ 10-16-2002, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps