Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #21
Thoran
Galvatron

You'll be happy with the Trek... they're a solid bike. I think you'd probably have had to pay another couple hundred to get into the Deore LX level... and a LOT more for XT or XTR. Admittedly I havn't bought a bike in about 7 years but my LX equipped Diamond Back ran $800 and it was also a year old. Don't sweat it though, for your intended use you'll never have a problem with the Trek/Alivio setup. I rode every day with guys who had the lower end Shimano stuff and it was pretty solid (and we rode some pretty ugly single track)

It's a pretty addictive sport... and expensive once you're really into it, I spent at least as much on upgrades and repairs as I origonally spent on the bike [img]smile.gif[/img] , and won't even get into the hospital bills.

Oh yea... give the seat a few weeks, it takes a while for your butt to get used to the abuse... but it will.

[ 06-17-2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Old 06-17-2002, 08:44 PM   #22
DeSoya
Manshoon

The seat that I have on my bike (a '95 fuji sx with deore lx, a manitou four and onza HO clipless pedals) is called the Liberator. It has a big hole in the middle of it. Apparently prostate cancer is becoming to be known as bikers cancer. I can see why too. When you are riding a bike, 90% of your weight is on your prostate. This leads to a much higher rate of prostate cancer and erectile disfunction in bikers. So... I'm glad to have a hole in my seat. It really seems to work too. No pain after I take a long ride like with my old seat. So that's good.

DeSoya
Old 06-19-2002, 07:32 AM   #23
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: onthepequod
It looks like my last post was a little late. Still, if you want some trail recommendations let me know.
I live in Maple Grove near Elm Creek Park Reserve. I heard that there is a trail that starts somewhere in that vicinity and leads all the way to the Coon Rapids Dam. But other than that I don't know of any good bike trails in the area. If you have any recomendations I would apreciate them. Especially "off-road" trails that are not paved. Keep in mind though that I'd probably be going solo since none of my friends are into bike riding, nor do they have any good bikes to ride.