Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-13-2001, 03:48 AM   #11
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Bah...this game sounds very buggy to me. After playing all 3 Fallout games, and frustrated at all the crashes and Interplays dragging of feet on patches...I think I'll wait a few months on Arcanum.

------------------
Old 10-13-2001, 04:27 AM   #12
Rikard

Arcanum ain;t from Interplay

I just can;t get The Demo to work

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Spam Sentinal too...
OMG i have to control Cloudy...

Old 10-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #13
KHaN
Drow Warrior

"Arcanum is the first game to come from the development house Troika Games, LLC, started by former Fallout team members Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Anderson". See my point? Hopefully it won't be the nightmare that the Fallout games were bugwise. Don't get me wrong...I think FO1 and 2 were the best RPG games of their type. Let's just say I've learned not to run out and buy a game just because of hype.

------------------
Old 10-13-2001, 06:48 PM   #14
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
The Arcanum engine is quite similar to the Fallout 2 engine, except for the lack of perks and the inventory, Arcanum's main problems are that:

As I didn't even finish Fallout 1, I never purchased Fallout 2 - How similar is Arcanum to the Fallout 1 Engine, Neb ?

PangurBan

Old 10-13-2001, 06:54 PM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It has a levelup system that is much the same for example, you get points to distribute to skills and stats and to learn spells with, the turn-based combat system also reminds me of Fallout 2 a lot and generally it just looks like it.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:30 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

1) Magic has been made FAR stronger than Technology(Try playing a mage and then a technologist and you'll see what I mean, Disentigrate can kill 95% of all foes in the game with one shot, how many tech weapons can do that?)

AFAIK, the patch fixes the magic/tech imbalance.

Khan - I don't earn enough to buy a game because of hype - in fact I'd not heard of Arcanum before I saw it in the store. I bought it because it looked fun. I'm sure it will be. So don't assume we are all rich middle-class teenagers who run out and buy stuff because the latest trendy magazine said we should....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."