Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 11:07 AM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Arcanum is going to be out soon(15th September) and I think we need an Arcanum forum, I've tried the demo, and it's good looking, well made, and it has some good RPing, in my opinion it seems better than BGII, and I think it's going to be better than NWN, so I think we should have an Arcanum forum.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:40 AM   #2
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Shouldn't we at least let the game come out first before we ask for a forum? Hopefully Ziroc will let us have two new ones. That would be nice of him! Arcanum would be one of first. I hope it'll be as good as you say it will.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:59 AM   #3
Penfold

Arcanum of steam works and magic obsr....obsruary.... rare! from the makers of Fallout but your avandce copy NOW!!!!! theee theee, Turly a execent game, in depth fun, imagin the detailed skillness of skills from the fallout combine with the gratness of Bladur and that's Arcanum. As this the site for Fansty RGP to remember it neeeds this game in a forum!!!

------------------

Old 08-14-2001, 12:02 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Isn't it a Sierra game? I thought Fallout was made by another company.
Old 08-14-2001, 12:50 PM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Fallout and Fallout2 are both Interplay/Black Isle Games. I have them both and enjoy them a great deal. They also make for a great PnP game if you wanna do the work.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:45 PM   #6
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

You guys really think that game looks good? It is an interesting concept, but I don't know how it would play out. Is it magic against technology, or can you have a little bit of both in your party. Also I can't stand sierra after what they did to me in Tribes2.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-14-2001, 04:56 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
You guys really think that game looks good? It is an interesting concept, but I don't know how it would play out. Is it magic against technology, or can you have a little bit of both in your party. Also I can't stand sierra after what they did to me in Tribes2.

I have played the demo and it is great, magic dominates over technology but to easily understand it picture early americans(the technology in that era is the same as the game)with magic. Come on can't you forgive them for the Half-life series and warcraft and Starcraft?

------------------
"Revere the ancestors, obey your king,bear your arms with pride, fear no foe, hate the greenskin, mistrust the Elf, and you can do no wrong."
Sigmar, proud member of clan HADB
Old 08-14-2001, 05:05 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Quote:

I have played the demo and it is great, magic dominates over technology but to easily understand it picture early americans(the technology in that era is the same as the game)with magic. Come on can't you forgive them for the Half-life series and warcraft and Starcraft?

Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo were by Blizzard (God bless their souls), not Sierra. If Sierra does right by this game I will re-evaluate my position.

Also Neb, I checked out their site and it is supposed to be out Aug 24th, not Sept 15th.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 08-14-2001).]
Old 08-14-2001, 05:15 PM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:

Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo were by Blizzard (God bless their souls), not Sierra.
You're right, umm..... how about the fallout series?

------------------
"Revere the ancestors, obey your king,bear your arms with pride, fear no foe, hate the greenskin, mistrust the Elf, and you can do no wrong."
Sigmar, proud member of clan HADB
Old 08-14-2001, 07:16 PM   #10
Penfold

Arcanum was create by im Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Anderson who help create fallout, not the company which did it. And while you can have both magic and technology in your party (of which I think you can only control your self) it is diffcult to have them on the same person as the cancel each other out. Oh heck just go here http://sierrastudios.com/games/arcan...s-overview.php

------------------