Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 07:21 AM   #61
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Even though the original OC ended up a fully playable mod, it was still just a showcase for what could be done with the tools. The fact that the game is still going strong is a testimony to what has been done with the tools. I know 10 people that never even started either of the expansions, they got them because they were going to be required to play on Fates, the online mod where I sometimes hang out. I know the guy that builds at Fates never even finished chapt 1 of the OC. He bought the expansions for content only, not for the modules. I know that not only did I buy all three original releases, but I also own the platinum edition, and in fact, have it installed now, when a CEP installation gone awry crashed my NWN's installation. I wonder how many of the SP fanboys can say that they were running through the OC today...I plan on going in game for a bit this morning, but it won't be a SP campaign I go into...Not a persistent world either, but we're getting close to that, now that we're going to kill this module when 2 comes out...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #62
Albromor
Mephistopheles

As an SP player - not a fanboy; I've never been a fanboy of anything - I have played through the OC as well as SoU and HotU expanions (which were better) and I enjoyed them.

But the big thing for me are the tons of fair to excellent community mods that I can download and play for free.

So SP players may not be in the OC but there is plenty for us to continue to enjoy.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #63
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

here is the thing about sp mods. Most of the ones on the vault now, for NWN were made by PW people. Be it a side project, or just because they liked it, every one of the best SP mods online owe their existance because the PW builders decied to make them. NWN2 has removed the PW (see OE does it again topic for more details). as such, NWN2 will see alot less SP mods uploaded. Most of the builders will stay in NWN, atleast untill dragon age is out.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #64
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

As for my comment about SP fanboys, I wasn't jabbing at anybody here. The bioboard set up for OE is full of them telling the MP crowd, whether PW or otherwise, to shut up and drink the koolaid...Not my style. The future for online modules for NWN's 2 is grim indeed. A 30 area limit? The current module that I assist on is at least 3 times that big. Although the memory foot print scenario intrigues me. If a module is scripted to load empty, I wonder how much havoc that will raise with the walkmesh data, etc that is needed by the player. The module I help with is set up that way now. Unless there is a PC in an area, it's empty, except for the basic tiles. No creatures, etc. We have been thinking this woudl be a good thing to carry over into 2, but now I'm not so sure. More will be revealed, unless my friend decides to not go forward with it.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #65
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by SHO-VA:
here is the thing about sp mods. Most of the ones on the vault now, for NWN were made by PW people. Be it a side project, or just because they liked it, every one of the best SP mods online owe their existance because the PW builders decied to make them. NWN2 has removed the PW (see OE does it again topic for more details). as such, NWN2 will see alot less SP mods uploaded. Most of the builders will stay in NWN, atleast untill dragon age is out.
Actually, my favorite, and a firm Hall of Famer, is Pocile's "Aribeth's Revival 1 & 2," and he is not a PWer.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #66
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hence the term most.... I never said all. Sure there are hall of famers out there that have never done anything in PWs. but how good will it be when there are no PWs for NWN2, and therefore alot less SPs for you to dl?
Old 06-30-2006, 01:42 AM   #67
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ah, Atty just liked because they had Aribeth...
Old 06-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #68
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
Ah, Atty just liked because they had Aribeth...
The man has great taste in women [img]smile.gif[/img]
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #69
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aribeth was high maintance. as was sharwin.. My favorite was linu.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #70
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SHO-VA:
Aribeth was high maintance. as was sharwin.. My favorite was linu.
just so you all know, for my archetypical character:
genetically predisposed to hate elves
genetically engineered to slay things (especially elves)
favourite henchmen inside of NWN?
Tomi... and Linu.
that's right, people - Linu Li'Neral. why? something about her struck me as the type ya take home and... (after that I'd be a little busy!)
Aribeth? stuck up, refused to accept help.
Sharwyn? a little flighty and somewhat exasperating at times.
but Linu? after you got over the fact she was the sexiest bull in a china shop you'd ever see, and the fact she was always apologizing for stuff, she was more than competant in battle if you gave her the right equipment.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote