Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2000, 12:19 AM   #1
Gotaxewilltravel

Thanks--I feel better now.

Old 11-05-2000, 03:37 AM   #2
Gotaxewilltravel

I was always under the impression that fighters get mucho hit points when leveling up, yet every time I level my fighters up (or any of my characters) after level 8 or 9, they just get 3 hit points added!!! I set the difficulty level to normal before I started playing, which means I should be getting the max amount every time I level up--what's the deal??? At this rate, my fighters will always be wimpy (in comparison with the heavy duty monsters in BG2).

Old 11-05-2000, 04:29 AM   #3
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i dont think its a problem, my fighters finished with about 100-120 hps, somewhere round there. once they get to high levels their hps dont go up as much. i agree that that is pretty stupid considering there ARE some VERY powerful monsters that would be a hell of alot easier to kill if u had more hps. Have fun..
Old 11-05-2000, 05:04 AM   #4
Armisael

Dragons have something like two-hundred hitpoints. The trick is in not getting hit in the first place. The thing that makes this game fun is the fact that there are enemies that are easily superior to you. Humans do not and never will be as buff as, say, a greater daemon.

Old 11-05-2000, 09:25 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The interesting thing is that there's a dwarf in the second floor of the Den of the 7 Vales in the Promenade (this is not a spoiler as it is SO EARLY in the game that you encounter him) who allegedly has 200 hp according to some of the walkthroughs. That would make him...umm...24th level if he was a barbarian with CON 19 who got 17 hp each level to level 9.

Anyway even if your hp is only 100 if your AC is -8 it doesn't really matter, does it?
Old 11-05-2000, 09:27 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

one more thing, if you check the tables at the back of the manual, fighters only get 3 hp each time they level up after level 9, which is still more than any other class.
Old 11-05-2000, 09:32 AM   #7
Armisael

Ah yeah, I know that guy, hehe. I didn't really want to kill him, because I liked his attitude (not to mention Pooky), but when I got into a fight with him, I didn't know what was coming. Another great thing about this game; you can find bands of fellow heros who have the uncanny ability to kick the crap out of you. Kind of makes you proud to be an adventurer.

Old 11-05-2000, 09:40 AM   #8
BaatoRyan

yep! i don't think its any problem... with all those CON bonuses and stuff... hell even irenicus himself won't matter...(that was a guess ) my paladin's like 157? im not sure but i sure die on beholders and those stupid mindflayers!!! even just by looking at them, you get this feeling of murder... truly my char. is the son of murder...