Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Attention College Students:

Fellow college students, in case you did not realize MS has joined a "Ultimate-Steal" program to assist college students with college productivity software, I have taken this moment of opportunity to help spread the word..

Here is the link "unformatted":
http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx

This is where you go if interested:
http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

The qualifications are easy:
1. Be a student with a .edu e-mail.
2. Be on the campus registry for a minimum of .5 credits.
3. Upon additional request provide a copy of your student id.

I will not post the cost here as it is unbelievable, but is not a spam or scam, this actually comes from MS.

Now why would a Linux and Open Office kinda guy like me reveal this to you?
Because that is what we do here at help each other out.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

Default Re: Attention College Students:

$60 is still greater than $0, the cost of Open Office, which has taken me through 2 years of graduate school thus far. I can't make heads or tails of the powerpoint Open Office has, but I can do without talking in front of bullets anyway.

I don't know what 4 or so of those bundled programs even do, actually.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:14 AM   #3
dplax
Jack Burton

Ever heard of MSDNAA? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSDNAA)

My uni has it. Apart from Office we get every MS software for free. (even Vista)

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucern View Post
$60 is still greater than $0, the cost of Open Office, which has taken me through 2 years of graduate school thus far. I can't make heads or tails of the powerpoint Open Office has, but I can do without talking in front of bullets anyway.

I don't know what 4 or so of those bundled programs even do, actually.
Come now little penguins, *WE* must convince the MS users this is the greatest thing. They must *TAKE* advantage of this great offer. This is the "steal" of the greatest MS bundle ever! This is the bundle that will give them the edge, they need it to become ever increasingly more proficient, to enable more eloquent writings, and to be able to articulate in public without fear!

OO Impress? Almost identical to the other program, to include many of the hot key shortcuts. It's all about formatting, and page setup, search the formats, seek out the tool bars, you will prevail.
In my experience:
  • Format page to exactly what you want it to be.
  • Save setup as a name based upon format name. To include what type of presentation format. This will become your first load file.
  • Create layout and slide rules, save this as the file presentation you are currently creating, again to include the format for final use.
  • Build project.
  • Present project.

In my experience this is the most productive way to achieve a cross platform presentation without cross platform technical difficulties.

@ dplax: There are no such events as a free lunch when dealing with MS. Somebody somewhere is footing the bill, you are just the benefactor of reaping the benefits from such a program that the common person *DOES NOT* have the privilege of enjoying.

This program is for the tens of thousands of students and students or parents that do not have the bells and whistles of such programs. I am sure my program is different that 99% of everybody else here, but knowing who foots the bill makes me comfortable when I request supplies, tuition, and other items of eccentric professor request.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplax View Post
Ever heard of MSDNAA? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSDNAA)

My uni has it. Apart from Office we get every MS software for free. (even Vista)
yeah we have this.

I never got my own comp till I went to uni and it's great, I've never bought a copy of windows yet I've had 98, 2000, Xp and Vista legally
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray

Last edited by Vaskez; 09-16-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote