Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 02:53 AM   #21
Argus
The Magister

Quite strange actually that the only loss the Habs have is to an 18 year old goaltender...yes, he is only 18.

Mogilny is on a 4 year 22 million deal which is around the same he was making at New Jersey if I remember right (something around 5 million a year there).

The sad thing is that he's probably not the highest paid player there between whatever CUJO is making (I forget off hand) and Sundin who is on $50 million for 6 years. The Leafs are really pumping the cash into the team.
Old 10-17-2001, 02:58 AM   #22
Argus
The Magister

You know, speaking of Minnesota, I have to laugh everytime I see someone credit the Wild coach Lemaire ever since there was a typo here in the local paper that had him as "wild coach Lemaire". Must be fun being known as the "wildman" around the NHL.

All joking aside, he's done a lot with that team so far this year.

Funny how everyone is already crediting the new Pens coach for their win...maybe that had something to do with Super Mario returning to form?
Old 10-17-2001, 11:56 AM   #23
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Hee Hee...thnx Grand Ranger...

The Canucks game wasnt on tv tonite and anyway i ahd otha plans so missed the game. Just saw the highlights... Cloutier playin awesome!

Yeah Minnesota doin good avent seen em play yet and am wonderin about there style...i hear they play all 5 men back...real defensive types.
It came on TV here. I ment to watch it but there was so many games on tonight. And when I did watch it, it wasnt all that great.

So I kept to the Pens game, then the sharks game

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-18-2001, 12:03 AM   #24
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Wensdays Game:

NJ:3

NYR:4

Damn, another loss for the Devils... But what a game!!! Exlennt goal tending on both sides, amazing game. An unexpected Jay Pandolfo neted 2 goals to put the devils back in it. But the real hero (for the Devils) is Martin Broduer.It went into OT...What a game!!

NYI:4

Car:0

The Islanders continue there streak of wining games. There are doing pretty darn good so far. Do I smell another dynanasty?? .... Nah

Stl:2

Dal:2

Another OT game that was pretty intence as well. While Perrie didnt deafeat his old team, he still played pretty well.

Bos:0

Ana:0

12:40 left in the second.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-18-2001, 12:12 AM   #25
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Wensdays Game:

NJ:3

NYR:4

Damn, another loss for the Devils... But what a game!!! Exlennt goal tending on both sides, amazing game. An unexpected Jay Pandolfo neted 2 goals to put the devils back in it. But the real hero (for the Devils) is Martin Broduer.It went into OT...What a game!!

I watched this game.

Hmmm...another loss for the Dev's huh...
heh heh heh!
Old 10-18-2001, 02:25 AM   #26
Argus
The Magister

Wish I could have seen the Rangers/Devils game. I think that rivalry is more heated than the Rangers/Islanders. I'll take any win over the Devils we can get...Brodeur is tough!

Have you heard anything stateside about who the goalie candidates are for the US Olympic team? Last I had heard Richter was still being considered.
Old 10-18-2001, 02:36 AM   #27
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hi Argus!
Whas goin on?
You an american in moscow?

Well I think the us team should have Dunham in net. Richter beat up imo. And Mike Dunham is real solid. Hee hee i think Canada gonna play CuJo.
Whats going on in Moscow? Do you get any nhl games over there? I bet there some good elite league play over there...heh but guess not nhl.>>>????
Old 10-18-2001, 12:39 PM   #28
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

I dont know, the goaltending Richter is doing is amazingly good so far. At least last nights game.

And yes I saw your post Djinn, ass! Hehehehe

Well the Devs play again tonight against San Jose....Maybe they can baet them, if not they go 0-5!!!!

That has never happened in franchies history!

0-4 never happened!

0-3 Never happened!!!

Ah well, it will be good to see Sheilds and Sturm go up agaisnt the devs

At least my Stars didnt get beat....

------------------

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-18-2001, 01:52 PM   #29
onthepequod
Quintesson

All I want to say (in my best sing songy voice) is: THE WILD ARE UNDEFEATED!! THE WILD ARE UNDEFEATED!!

Wait a minute that can’t be. OTP quickly checks the sports page. Yep, sure enough, the Wild are undefeated.

------------------

Founding Member of The Order of Royal Toads
Old 10-19-2001, 04:25 AM   #30
Argus
The Magister

Hi Djinn!

Acutally we get about one or two NHL games a week, but since they're broadcast live they don't come on until really early (or late depending on how you look at it) in the morning (around 4 am).

Its really unfortunate but the Russian Hockey league has had most of its talented players head off to the NHL. Still, it is kind of fun seeing how long a good player over here actually lasts in the Russian league until he's pounced on by an agent and whisked away.