Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-05-2001, 09:24 AM   #11
Rikard

than maybe you should have rephrase it
the way you explain it now, it's not favorism,
it's picking out people and punishing them to set an example
if you oppose to that, it's ok with me
Why do i feel the need to defend myself?
coz a lot of people claim that i am being favored
And that wouldn't be that bad, is only it were True

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-05-2001, 09:33 AM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I did not rephrase it. Being singled out as an example is still a form of favoritism. There are many others that could have (and should have, IMHO) been warned! Spam is spam, just b/c you make 20 decent posts to 1 spam post should not change anything, you are just as guilty of spamming as someone who makes 20 spam posts to 1 decent post!

And Rikard, I have never thought of you as one of the favored

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-05-2001, 09:35 AM   #13
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I did not rephrase it. Being singled out as an example is still a form of favoritism. There are many others that could have (and should have, IMHO) been warned! Spam is spam, just b/c you make 20 decent posts to 1 spam post should not change anything, you are just as guilty of spamming as someone who makes 20 spam posts to 1 decent post!

And Rikard, I have never thought of you as one of the favored

Ok Now You done it
Where do you live?
I'll beat the living er..
wait
Anytime i fight I'm the one who ends up half dead...
hmz...

Nice Moridin

------------------

Summoner of Bunnies

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-05-2001, 09:51 AM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

OK, guys, cool it...please! Ziroc has made his position known. He is enforcing a rule that has been breached since he made the rule. It would be ridiculous to go back and retroactively apply it to everyone who ever breached the rule. It certainly isn't worth getting into a fight about.

Cffl, I understand your frustration. FWIW, I haven't seen you spam here in GD, or what I would have classified under Z's definition of spam, but then, I haven't been in the ToB forum either. Just for future reference, GD is the place to test your signature file, then after you get it right, you delete the thread (or get one of us mods to do it for you.) That keeps off-topic posts out of the gaming forum areas and in GD.

P.S. One last thing, Cffl: Regardless of what you may feel about or think of Ziroc personally, this is HIS forum and HIS web site. You don't have to like the policies here; you just have to abide by them. It takes a lot of money and effort to run a site like this, and the exceeding number of posts is taking a toll on his servers lately. Just a thought.

Ok, nuff said! Go forth and have fun.

Cheers,

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 10:01 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Hey, cool it guys

I didn't see what cffl did, but Gwhanos started a thread just about how much he hated his rank and wanted to be an Anubis instead - AFTER he had already been told not to, and had already had his post count reduced once for doing the same.
This is nothing to do with favouritism - if you ask me, Ziroc has given the guy plenty of breaks already, and more than one 'second chance'. If he doesn't learn soon, his account may well be deleted, but it's not like he didn't know what he was doing wrong. You may not have seen his posts, but I (and others) did. I have seen several threads recently which have been 'interrupted' by moaning about ranks, and quite frankly this is annoying.

I think it's OK to give Gwhanos a second (or third or fourth) chance, but do not say that he is being slapped down over a first offence when others are let off the hook - that is definitely NOT the case.

EDIT: Whoops - posted at the same time as Saz who has considerably more authority than me concerning this matter

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 10:06 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

good job, you both have guts
Moridin, attack away! you have the guts to bang on popularity, that alone marks you my best man

Rikard, as always, trying to pop... I am da matreuest, just admit it!
Old 10-05-2001, 10:12 AM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Hey, cool it guys

EDIT: Whoops - posted at the same time as Saz who has considerably more authority than me concerning this matter

Not at all, Epona...and I appreciate your input on this as well as your point of view. It helps!

Thanks,

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 10:13 AM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Cffl: I would suggest that there is nothing wrong with testing your signature per se. However, to conserve space, and prevent distubance to others, I would advise anyone wanting to test their signature to start 1 thread, with 1 post - type that you will delete the thread when your sig is correct. Then go back and use that same post (using the edit facility) to retest until your signature is correct. Then go and delete the thread once you have succeeded.

I do think that using terms such as 'Control Freak' is completely out of order though - Ziroc runs this place with his own finance, time and effort. We are in his 'home', so just remember to be courteous and respectful to your host and I'm sure all will be well.

EDIT: Ooops, posting at the same time as Saz AGAIN!!!
Also to add that if Ziroc or any of the mods disagree with my opinion on sig testing, follow their instructions, not mine! This is just a suggestion on how I feel it can be done with minimum disruption.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 10:23 AM   #19
Rikard

About what ever is happening between Moridin and me
it's a misunderstanding from my side
drop it and stop saying cool it.... (irritates the hell outta me )

oh and for your information...

Epona is playing suck up
nanananananana

oh and 250 I'm Da maturest don;t try to fight it

------------------

Summoner of Bunnies

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-05-2001, 10:24 AM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

And here I thought I was reading about a second chance??
Do you know what it means ?
It means that Ziroc, the guy that makes this place possible for all of us, saya he don´t want certain things to happen "AGAIN", thats all. As good guests, you have to options, listen and act accordingly or leave. If you leave your choice, I rather see you booth stay.

About the insults, that should go for everyone. No need to be rude. OK, you can be alittle "rude" to each others, but make sure the other part gets the joke ok.

I think that Saz and Epona phrased this very well.

So why am I butting in here with my 5 cents?
Because I like to both show my support for Zirocs desicions and the mods decisions. Afterall, if you visit a friend and he tells you to not mess with his CD´s, would you mess with them anyway??

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper