Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 02:50 PM   #1
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

according to my games right now my lvl 34 monk/38 theif is just slaying and slaying to no end and not even getting close to being killed. So this brings up the question, can someone get too powerful even in a gods game? Well i will drop the answer here a bit later after i duel and backstab for another couple hundred damage to a friend of mine who is insisting on fighting me again.
Who knows maybe this time i will deal enough damage so his corpse can't be resurected.

Feel free to post up what has been most evil to you during your games

Thanks
The all powerful tall thin guy Coral
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

A Monk/Thief? Now that is illegal. You better watch out, young man, cause the Flaming Fist are coming for you. Creating illegal dual-classes is a serious crime.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 03:57 PM   #3
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL may they come after me. The whole reason he is a monk/theif is because i know people will be coming after me. Besides nobody in the goverment district to the docks was able to beat him at all.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:08 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Nobody in _Amn_ was able to beat up on my level 40 pure monk.

Go south a bit, to Tethyr, and it gets a _lot_ harder, esp in the marching mountains. (In other words - go get ToB and then tell us its too easy)

Oh yeah, and of course its not legal if you had to use ShadowKeeper to make the character in the first place. Monk/theif. yeah, right , whatever. and youve removed the cap as well.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well duh i had to use shadowkeeper and exp cap removal but after that it is all legit, items stats and all.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:24 PM   #6
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As far as ToB is concerned i can't it for mac where i live at the moment but when i can i will play it and tell you how it goes for my charecter, till then Amn is in trouble.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:34 AM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i call your bluff. you don't have a monk/thief at all. that would take more than SK to do (hi, it's not an option in ANY of the menus); you'd have to alter the exe which even the people at teambg haven't done yet, and i seriously doubt your editing skills are beyond theirs if you still use shadowkeeper AND have a mac.

what you could have done is duplicate the backstab ability into a monk character and made an innate ability to disarm traps with ieep... could have [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 02-12-2002, 05:42 AM   #8
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Amergin:
i call your bluff. you don't have a monk/thief at all. that would take more than SK to do (hi, it's not an option in ANY of the menus); you'd have to alter the exe which even the people at teambg haven't done yet, and i seriously doubt your editing skills are beyond theirs if you still use shadowkeeper AND have a mac.

what you could have done is duplicate the backstab ability into a monk character and made an innate ability to disarm traps with ieep... could have [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

LOL, nice one. I hope ya right about SK to put a hush hush on um cheating to be powerful. I had another question, if Coral doesn't have TOB, does his own hitpoints go up considerably just with SOA(let's just say this character of his or her does exist?)

My warriors are seeing about 2-3 hitpoints per level increase. I hear with TOB, a person can get 2500 hitpoints and -25 ac. Without it, what would the max ac and hp be looking like? Crappy hp but good ac based on dex modifying? I wouldn't remove the exp cap until I get bored and probably have betean the game with a few different groups or solo or whatever- for those who have, what do the stats look like? Hp, Ac, saves, thaco???

I've been wondering about these so called duels and have questions about thaco and ac when a character is post 30 in level.
On creatures with a low ac, I got to at least get damn near critical hits on em to affect em any. I don't know of any weapons that give +5 but I doubt this will help any if you have a low ac around -20.
Anyone care to elaborate on it from a SOA perspective?( I only have SOA btw)

AND a 34 monk/38 rogue multied??? There must have been some long long nights leveling up both of em the "LEGIT" way - but then again, if this is a farce, it's a mighty embarrassing one, well it would be for me...
Old 02-12-2002, 01:27 PM   #9
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe just to say my char does exsist and it did take me a very long time to be able to get that duel class going but i did do it and as far as you wondering about my skill in code writing and exe changing, you will see how good it is on a need to know basis, other then that you can wonder all you want about what i did but if we ever meet sometime on a multi game i will be sure to show you what i can do.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:34 PM   #10
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Good for you. How much fun is the game for you, killing everything you meet with one blow?
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote