Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-15-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Oruboris

I'm doing the quest for the merchants in the Imperial city where you try to find out how the Copious Coinpurse guy can sell so cheaply. Turns out his supplier is a grave robber. To close the quest, I'm supposed to give Jeanine a book and shovel.

Have both in my inventory, actually can't put them down because they are 'quest objects'. But they don't appear in inventory when I 'speak' to Jeanine. She thanks me for working things out, I've explored all the conversation options, no luck. She gets peaved when I leave without handing them over, says 'Haven't you got something to give me?'.

Hope someone can help...
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Weird. I read somewhere that a mod that enables the removal of quest items can cause strange hiccups like the one you mentioned. Doesn't sound like you're using that mod though. IIRC, (only done the quest once) the items aren't exchanged through the barter/trading screen (so, being quest items, they won't show up here anyway), but through a dialogue option which should be automatic. If it's not working, you may have to force the completion of the quest by hacking the journal. In Oblivion, i don't know how that's done, sorry.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Oruboris

I seem to be having a little more trouble getting engaged in this game compared to daggerfall and Morrowind.

In daggerfall, I played for a few hours with a 'practice' character, ended up so hooked I kept him, played probably 200 hours. Couldn't tell you a thing about the main quest, never did it. That game crashed at least once an hour.

Maybe I'm getting to old/impatient for these games, but I seem to be looking for cr^p. All. The. Time. So many of the simple seeming quests [like this one] take forever without much reward.

If I don't make some big progress this afternoon, I may give up...
Old 04-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
Sever

Whilst Oblivion has roped in a sizeable amount of fans, it seems to me that they're the console oriented bunch who really don't know what the game has lost in the transition. Or, more importantly, what it failed to become. Fantastic graphics alone doesn't cut it. I'm still shaking my head at the lost potential.

That said, if it's your first Oblivion character, give it a little time before you quit. I found that the vast majority of ALL the quests weren't flexible enough for me to work with. MQ, guild or misc. Fixed outcomes and rarely more than one path to choose makes for dismal roleplaying. In the end (specifically at the dreadfully concluded Fighter's Guild questline) i just spat the dummy and went off to do my own thing. But even that doesn't feel like it did in Morrowind.

So, erm, what was i saying? Oh yeah, you can't quit just yet. Why not? Good question, good question...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
Oruboris

It's official: I'm a moron.

Didn't notice Jesine had a 'slidey bar' in her topic menu.

Nah, I'm not quitting just yet: I tend to overstress getting everything 'right' early on, get very frustrated.

Once I'm in a little deeper, I start to relax and enjoy.

Thanks for the help and encouragement: it's good to have a spot to come and vent...
Old 04-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by Oruboris:
It's official: I'm a moron.

Didn't notice Jesine had a 'slidey bar' in her topic menu.
Lol!

Quote:
Originally posted by Oruboris:
Nah, I'm not quitting just yet: I tend to overstress getting everything 'right' early on, get very frustrated.

Once I'm in a little deeper, I start to relax and enjoy.
[/QB]
I hope that works out for ya. [img]smile.gif[/img] But i'm thinking that's likely to be the stage where you'll really start nitpicking. At least, it was for me.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 04-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
Lucern
Quintesson

I am Lucern, insister on the use of Oblivion mods.

I implore you, scout around, press on, and then reap the benefits of the work of folks who seem to feel the same way. And start the D/L now. It's like 400 megs [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://jorgeoscuro.googlepages.com/oscuro'soblivionoverhaulfaq
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

All hail Lucern, insister on the use of Oblivion mods! :bow:

On a totally related note, just give it time. Not as deep as past games, but as good as it's going to get, sadly...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #9
Oruboris

Well, I went back to an earlier save with the same character [dropped from about level 6 to level 2] and went forward again, practicing minor skills for bigger end-of-level bonuses.

Having a lot more fun now. Once I realized that [just like in Morrowind] there are waaaay more quests than I'll ever actually finish I started to relax and enjoy: no point sweating everything you do if you aren't going to do everything anyway. Or words to that effect.

I'll check out the mod link later, thanks: was asking a friend about mods today, but he played on xbox, so wasn't real helpful...