Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 04:01 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

while scrounging in the bg2 files for sound effects i stumbled across the "error" voice that tells you "you must gather your party etc", and in bg1 also said "you may not rest here; either find an inn or rest outside".

besides those two which were put into the game, they also did about 20 more, ranging from generic descriptions "you have detected a mechanical trap" to contextually annoying "your spell has been disrupted."

anyone remember the game Gauntlet? apparently bioware does because there are 3 files of the narrator saying things like "blue elf is about to die" and "don't shoot the food".

but the kicker is ERROR28. imagine that somber, low-pitched voice telling you "we have detected you are using a pirated copy. your hard drive will be formatted in ten seconds. thank you."

i'm thinking of making an NPC that randomly teleports in and says this or letting the cowled wizards say it when they come to punish you for casting a spell.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:52 AM   #2
PeeWee
Manshoon

LOL, Burrrrrr...ERROR28. yoikes.

Bah, I probably shouldn't even ask if you are trying to extract BG audio files for something like DC. Was going to ask but just thought about the licenses and all that. Then again, I'm not even sure what the policy is on it since alot of ppl are manipulating the game-states.

ERROR29...
Would be bad to know there are a few hidden files there and upon extraction you hear that same ominous voice saying," You are trying to extract copy righted material, we will now delete your hard drive in 10 seconds. Have a good day."

Double-yoikes.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

Whereabouts are these files, Amergin? I only see WAV files in the Sounds subdirectory, and those are simply marked Male and Female--not Error. Nor can they be played by ordinary means.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:11 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

You need IEE to access these files, there not part of the windows filesystem.

get it from www.teambg.com

The .wavs in /sound not playing is weird since BG2 _does_ read from normal .wavs if their there. I think.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:52 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

you need winbiff to extract the files, but you also need a program called "acm2wav" which bioware made teambg pull from their site. that prog is the only way to convert the wavc files into standard wavs, and even Near Infinity can't do it without acm2wav.
Old 02-16-2002, 05:14 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

It be even better if you put it on Irenicus or your leader, but do what you want (blue elf is about to die,priceless )
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote