Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2002, 07:45 PM   #1
skier9205
Manshoon

Minor Spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I have a lvl 8 thief dualed to a lvl 13 mage and I'm having a hard time killing the trolls in Nalia's keep. I don't have that great of a THAC0 and the trolls regenerate too fast for me to be able to kill them. I would use spells, but I wanted to have a enough spots filled with burning hands, melf's acid arrow, and flame arrow so that I could finish the suckers off once they were down (since I'm not able to use arrows). What do I do? Thanks.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 07:49 PM   #2
Sauromon the White
Dungeon Master

If you have enough money you could go to the adventures mart and buy a fire staff or you could steal one from the temple of Talos in the temple district. [img]graemlins/elf.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2002, 08:16 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Saruman neglected to mention the sunstone bullets you can get in the temple ruins region.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:25 PM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Sauromon the White:
If you have enough money you could go to the adventures mart and buy a fire staff or you could steal one from the temple of Talos in the temple district. [img]graemlins/elf.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help but if you're talking about the wand of the heavens that casts firestrike, i can't use it. If not I don't know what the fire staff is.

And Andrewas, do you think a thief/mage (8/13) could get through the shadow temple quest? Thanks.

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: skier9205 ]

skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 02:05 PM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by skier9205:
Minor Spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I have a lvl 8 thief dualed to a lvl 13 mage and I'm having a hard time killing the trolls in Nalia's keep. I don't have that great of a THAC0 and the trolls regenerate too fast for me to be able to kill them. I would use spells, but I wanted to have a enough spots filled with burning hands, melf's acid arrow, and flame arrow so that I could finish the suckers off once they were down (since I'm not able to use arrows). What do I do? Thanks.

can't use arrows? why not? thieves can use short bows. both nalia and imoen are T>M dual classed and they use short bows, and there are some very nice ones in the games (tansheron's in trademeet especially).
Old 02-06-2002, 05:41 PM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

You can steal, er, buy a Long Sword of Flame from several places, with Bernard at the Copper Coronet one of them. He's hard to pick-pocket, though, so you might be best paying for it.

Then you won't have to save your spells

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote