Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

this is a random comment to start with: edwin would get his arse kicked in a mage duel because he has NO way to cancel invisibility and illusions, which means he'd never be able to target the other mage besides area affect spells and he'd have to also fight every projected image and simulacrum the other mage could come up with.

anyway, to the topic.

eddie just had a sex change operation and quite a few things are amiss. his boots of speed no longer work and his cleric's staff isn't that nice glowing blue. i did all the usual workarounds like killing/raising, re-equipping, remove curse, etc. nothing helped. so i think well when/if he gets his hardware back he'll be fine. so the day comes, he's happy and horny but the problems are still there. tired of him not zipping around and looking like he's carrying just a piece of wood, i go into SK and remove the two sex change listings in his Affects. ta-dah, back to normal finally.

has this happened to anyone else? i don't recall reading about it.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:48 PM   #2
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Spoiler
It happens about a week after he reads the book from the Graveyard and will go away another week or so later. It is a bit of a backlash from the huge gains that he made because of the book. When it happened to me, I didn't even notice a change in him other than the portrait in the character screen. I was only using a sling and was equiped with a robe so there was probably nothing that could have been affected.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:43 AM   #3
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

maybe u have a bug or sumthing... and why do you give the boots of speed to edwin???
Old 01-24-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
fable
Quintesson

Odd--I never had any problems getting the boots of speed to work for Edwin. Have you perhaps had him equip a ring of free action, first? The boots need to be donned, their magic activated, before the ring can be worn. Otherwise, the two artifacts cancel one another out.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 02:51 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

nevermind. its something in the sex change EFF that does it. if you don't know why or it hasn't happened to you, oh well.

i figured out the free action/boots of speed negation in BG1 when i had Spider's Bane and boots of speed. man, i miss that sword.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:33 AM   #6
fable
Quintesson

If it's in the sex change effect, it stands to reason that Edwin would experience it in the two SoA/ToB run-throughs I did that included him. I'm not so obtuse that I'd miss something like that.

Possibly you're not using the latest SoA patch; or maybe this is something that was fixed, either with the patch included in ToB, or with Baldurdash's bugfixes.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote