Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2002, 03:36 AM   #51
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Hey I was born in Louisville as well, circa 1973. Its a small world after all!
Not to mention my brother lives in Atlanta.

Although I've only made a few aquaintences on these forums, I would love to socialize and perhaps make some new friends, especially considering the quality of this community in general.

Anyhoo, I'll be within 2hrs of "Hotlanta" in mid october, if its then, I'll show!
I was born there in 1972! (October 21st) I'll be 30 this Oct! ACK! I still look like I am 18 though. lol!

We lived near Oxmoor Mall. Remember White castles??!? YUM! The frozen ones aren't as good though--in Florida, we don't have 'Sliders'

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-28-2002, 04:36 AM   #52
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, It will probably be in mid or early October--reason is:

1. King's Island in Ohio (a Theme park I always went too--it's where 'The Beast' is) and they are only open for 2 weekends in Oct before they close.
website for Paramount's King's Island is www.pki.com
OMG You are going "home"! If when you get off of I 71 to go to Kings Island (The Kings Mills Rd / Mason Exit) and you drive past Kings Island drive, you can take a right at the next light and see where I went to High School ha ha (another right at the General Store in front of the High School will take you back out to Kings Island drive LOL).

If you don't take that first right but continue on through the light, you can go through Kings Mills itself. It was just nine streets when my mom moved us there with a population of 800 (in the mid-late 70's). Picture it with open fields and only two gas stations (one at the exit and one at the light) that's what it looked like when I left home.

Staying on that road will take you around the town and down a huge hill where you'll cross the Little Miami River. That hill is the one we used to pack so the buses couldn't make it to school, giving us more snow days LOL.
If you see it, it is scary as hell...extremely steep with an inclined hairpin turn at the bottom.
We lived in the last house in town on the right just before the hill...white with black shutters and the shutters have moons & stars cut-outs in them. I was told last year it hadn't changed a bit. (that's the house my mom threw the radio out the window and into the driveway lol)

At the bottom of the hill and on the other side of the river is an old "Peter's Cartridge Co." building where gunpowder and other handy explosives were manufactured during the Civil War Era. You used to be able to see the smoke stack (painted with an old "Columbia" insignia) from the Eiffel Tower but the forest had grown too tall last time I was there.
It would take you a whole ten or fifteen minutes and there (at the bottom of an even steeper hill), you could always turn around and go back to K.I.

Its an interesting and obscure piece of American History.

If you go, check out the steps that go from one level of the hill to the next (straight ahead from the bridge on your way back) Those were built during the days of the Cartridge Co for employees who walked to work and the woods, on that side of the river to your left of the steps, have small lead-lined buildings along that path where explosives were stored if all the lead hasn't been stolen yet (I know my brother was working on taking it all when I left home) to the right and on the wooded stood a shed with a coke oven behind it...both part of the cartridge co.

At the hairpin turn itself is an obscure path that leads into the woods...that used to be the road from the town I grew up in to Kings Mills, washed out when a flood washed out the bridge and collapsed a dam that was rebuilt farther down river (into Loveland or Fosters).

Then again, taking a left at that light and continuing along that road and across 48, you'll end up in the town I grew up in...don't bother lol...it was dying when I left there and is even deader now from what I have heard. Great place to be if a tornado comes through though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have fun in Ohio and Kentucky! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2002, 08:33 AM   #53
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ATLANTA ACCOMODATIONS UPDATE

Since Dan mentioned going to Six Flags, I checked out hotels in that area. Found a Ramada Inn that is less than a mile away, has free parking, meeting space, an on-site restaurant, and an on-site bar (just for LoA ).

Room rates for October 4-5 for 2 adults start around $63.00.

Six Flags is still open in October (wasn't sure about that), but only on the weekends. No problem since this will be a weekend get-together anyway.

So, let me know how many people will need rooms and I can fill out the registration for a group meeting (which may give us a better discount).

Also, let me know if we should reserve the "meeting space" (which I assume is a conference room).
Old 08-28-2002, 10:39 AM   #54
Feanor
Dungeon Master

It'd definitly be really cool to be able to meet you all. There's just not too much RPG'ing going on around where i live (other than me) that i know of.

hehe, i've been to Six Flags 3 times this summer already (notice where I currently live.) They have some new rides that are pretty tyte.
I'll just have to wait and see how my schedule is in October.
btw, don't expect a southerner/redneck if i do show.
i lived in NY for 17 years. (not sure if that's a good thing though)
Old 08-28-2002, 11:08 AM   #55
Talthyr Malkaviel

Uh-oh.. Horatiop's on to us LS.. how'd he guess the secret??! *runs*
Old 08-28-2002, 01:32 PM   #56
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Feanor:
It'd definitly be really cool to be able to meet you all. There's just not too much RPG'ing going on around where i live (other than me) that i know of.

hehe, i've been to Six Flags 3 times this summer already (notice where I currently live.) They have some new rides that are pretty tyte.
I'll just have to wait and see how my schedule is in October.
btw, don't expect a southerner/redneck if i do show.
i lived in NY for 17 years. (not sure if that's a good thing though)
Ok your a Yankee redneck [img]tongue.gif[/img] And damn the schedule, ITS PARTY-TIME!

Cerek your my hero! Thats right in my price range, and I'll bring beer coolers too!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:33 PM   #57
mistral4543

I think it's a wonderful idea for you folks to meet up [img]smile.gif[/img] There're a few of you whom I'd especially like to meet in person, but I stay too far away and given my work schedule, it's unlikely that I'll be able to make my way there [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Ah well, have a smashing time and don't forget to post more pics at Stealthy's for the rest of us to see.... please!!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:35 PM   #58
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok here is what we have so far. I have divided into 3 categories

Category 1

Those who will be there-

Ziroc
Cerek the Barbaric
Elif Godson
Larry OHF
Slackerboy
Feanor
Thalali
Lord of Alcohol

Category 2

Those who stand a good chance of coming-

MagiK
Attalus/Galadria/Piestrider?
Azred

Category 3

Those who if we nag enough might come-

Dresdan
Dizzy
Moni
Iron Ranger
Lady Zekke-she is on vacation but I hope to nag her into going

I know Sir Talieson lives in Knoxville TE, only a few hours away. If anyone has his e-mail?
Redblueflare I believe is living in Atlanta, Sir Mandorallen or Deathkiller can you contact him?
Dragonmage lives near Atlanta if anyone knows her e-mail?

The more the merrier [img]smile.gif[/img] Are we going to commit to this? Category 1 has said they will, lets add to it!!!!!!!!

[ 08-29-2002, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Lord of Alcohol ]
Old 08-29-2002, 05:41 PM   #59
Horatio

And once again NO ONE mentions the annoying guy in the corner. HELLO!!! I WANNA BE MENTIONED! I REFUSE TO BE THE SUBJECT OF A CONSPIRACY! TAL, NO, PUT THE SNIPER RIFLE DOWN!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:49 PM   #60
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Hmm, unfourtently I am out I think. If its in mid-early oct. We planed on taking our little trip in late octocber (Oct 24th I think) Ah well, you guys have fun!
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge