Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-09-2002, 12:46 AM   #141
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey RudeDawggie! That sounds very interesting! Worth checking out, Z! Especially if they do all the shipping and taking of orders!

COOL! An Ironworks mug...hmmm.. now that's got possibilities..I can drink my tea to stay up all night posting hehe..
Old 05-09-2002, 12:52 AM   #142
Charean
Hathor

RudeDawg wanted me to let you know Cloudy (while he off saving the world in Diablo 2) that he would buy a buttload of stuff - drinking his coffee in his IW mug, wearing his IW shorts....using his IW mousepad....

He has lost his mind.

Cloudy... you got him started. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Now he wants it all... sweatshirt, t-shirt, cap, jacket, .... and he JUST WON'T STOP!!
Old 05-09-2002, 12:56 AM   #143
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! Tell him to kill something for me.. LOLOL! Uh.. I'll try not to envision the IW shorts [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] on that cute mexican butt... , cuz my bf will get his ISP access here worked out and see this for sure.. hehe... .. but the rest is cool!

I think this idea has potential. Guess Z will just have to check it out and see how it works from his standpoint.

Well, I'm off to bed, was up chatting with Nacht and now I'm gonna turn into a pumpkin..lucky him, he's two hours off in time zone.. but I'll get my revenge when he moves in two months.. LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 01:00 AM   #144
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Just some honest comment from me:

1. Banner ads - Small one will do. No pop-up please!!!

2. Special privilages for paid member - Paid members only forum, no. Extra goodies for paid members (special protraits and ranks), why not.

3. Selling T-shirts and sourveniers - Good choice but it might take too much work.

. o O If UBB is charging too high, why don't you consider switching to Ezboard instead?
Old 05-09-2002, 02:14 AM   #145
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hmmm.

Could someone perhaps enlighten me as to why someone would feel badly if they couldn't afford to, or simply didn't want to pay anything?

What's the big deal?

I know some of you guys would see paying result in a two tiered system, but would it really become that? Why? Because an AVATAR looks different?

How would it make things different? Do we not like and admire people here because of the quality of their WORDS, not because they spam away to get a pretty picture?

Why would this change?

I personally wouldn't care who was a paying member and who wasn't. Doesn't mean a nonpayer is tight, or poor. It may simply mean they are too busy, or aren't motivated to pay, or don't agree with the concept of paying, or can't be bothered, or don't feel that much emotional attachment.

I wouldn't care if we have paying members or not. I wouldn't care if we have banners or not. I don't care what Avatar I have, nor how many banners there are next to it.

I care about YOU GUYS. That's why I'm here, to talk, share, read and communicate with many of you whom I genuinely like. All the rest is peripheral.

[ 05-09-2002, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-09-2002, 03:21 AM   #146
DiabloRex
Elminster

tssh thank you Rudedawg, and here I else got the feeling I was utter and totally ignored
Old 05-09-2002, 03:45 AM   #147
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hmmm.

Could someone perhaps enlighten me as to why someone would feel badly if they couldn't afford to, or simply didn't want to pay anything?

What's the big deal?

I know some of you guys would see paying result in a two tiered system, but would it really become that? Why? Because an AVATAR looks different?

How would it make things different? Do we not like and admire people here because of the quality of their WORDS, not because they spam away to get a pretty picture?

Why would this change?

I personally wouldn't care who was a paying member and who wasn't. Doesn't mean a nonpayer is tight, or poor. It may simply mean they are too busy, or aren't motivated to pay, or don't agree with the concept of paying, or can't be bothered, or don't feel that much emotional attachment.

I wouldn't care if we have paying members or not. I wouldn't care if we have banners or not. I don't care what Avatar I have, nor how many banners there are next to it.

I care about YOU GUYS. That's why I'm here, to talk, share, read and communicate with many of you whom I genuinely like. All the rest is peripheral.
Well not everyone's as enlightened as you, Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img] . I don't care about ranks or avatars, but some people do. You see the hooha about ranks now, I agree that personalised ranks would cause problems. We're like a mini-society here - but right now there's nothing that makes some people special and some people not. Well except the old user/new user thing, but I think some people just need to have something to be uptight about lol . The last thing we need is to identify haves and have-nots, or even people who give and people who don't, for whatever reason they have. And I don't know about you, but until I donated money towards the new server, I felt guilty that I hadn't. Like I was enjoying something that I wasn't contributing to, even if I could justify to myself that I didn't have any money, or others were more well-off than I was.

Btw would the problems with bandwidth be why I can't see any of the animated smilies and graphics animating (like Pink )? His little wings don't flap anymore.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:57 AM   #148
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Btw would the problems with bandwidth be why I can't see any of the animated smilies and graphics animating (like Pink )? His little wings don't flap anymore.
Your running IE arent you ?? If you are, go to Tools-Internet Options- Advanced, scroll down to multimedia and make sure that the Show animations in webpages is checked. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2002, 04:51 AM   #149
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Well not everyone's as enlightened as you, Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img]
I take it from that that because I have a problem with it I am unenlightened? Or perhaps I just have a different perspective due to my social background, which of course can easily be dismissed out of hand. Because everyone knows poor people are stupid, otherwise they'd be rich, wouldn't they?

Perhaps we should just have 2 ranks - 'Enlightened Brotherhood' and 'The Great Unwashed'. No guesses as to which I'd be in.

[ 05-09-2002, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 05-09-2002, 07:14 AM   #150
Lord Shield

a teddybear in the shape of Cloudbringer?
A clock with Lord Shield using his arms as clock hands?
Mouse mat with pic of "Mouse" on it
mug with Memsy's genie on it
Ziroc curtains
Cat food bowls with pic of Choc on them

BWAHAHAHAHA