Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 10:44 AM   #1
bmanula
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got Marten's ID and explored the HLL and now all the townspeople are pissed at me and refuse to talk to me (except for Lord Bwhatshisname). I think the problem is Marten's ID because when I talked to Lord B he said something like "whoahoho, marten's ID that'll really help your popularity". I can't buy anything, I can't get the quests from the armorer, I can't talk to the barmaid to finish the Vi quest, I can't recruit the rogue. this sucks. anyone else have this problem? is there a way around it?
bmanula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:50 AM   #2
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

What order did you do things in? Did you do anything to piss of the townspeople?

I do not have any problem with the people of Arnika and I have the ID tag. I picked up Myles early and did the Vi quest right away. After that I completed Myles' other quests which is where I found the ID badge.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

BTW - Have you tried placing the ID tag in a chest?
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:05 AM   #3
judee
Dungeon Master

I got that same response from Brannik, but I'm not having any problems with the townfolk.

Are you sure you didn't accidently do something else? Like kill one of the guards or something? Or maybe open the main bank vault from under the Jail tunnel? I've heard that is not appreciated at all.

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:11 AM   #4
bmanula
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I walked into town, talked to the Rogue. he gave me the rescue quest, but when I tried to recruit him he refused. so I proceeded to search the town. I cleared out the spaceport. I talked to the woman who sells arrows and the like (not the bar woman). I went to the Mook house and lost my mook for a night. then I rescued Vi. I took her to talk to the Lord and that seemed to go as expected. then I went to the prison, found Marten's badge and went into the HLL fort. somewhere around here I went to talk to the Lord and he commented about the badge. from then on out the townspeople refused to talk to me. I don't anything I might've done to piss them off. I hadn't even robbed the bank yet. well, I did take the stuff out of their chests, but I talked to the one lady after that and she was still cool. what would piss them off? what could make them happy again?

I tried putting the ID into a chest, but the game won't let me drop it. it says 'on second thought, you might need that'.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #5
bmanula
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I didn't find the tunnel under the jail until well after they got pissed. and I didn't go into the bank at all until after it happened. also, the bank girl still talks to me.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:27 AM   #6
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know the answer, but the key point here is that Myles refused to join you after giving you the quest. The point of the quest is for him to join you and rescue Vi together. Therefore, any of your later actions in Arnika were not the cause of the problem.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:28 AM   #7
Smokefoot
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by bmanula:
I walked into town, talked to the Rogue. he gave me the rescue quest, but when I tried to recruit him he refused.

It is wierd that Myles refuses to join you as soon as you get into town. He has always joined me without a problem. How could you have pissed him off when you haven't even been in town? What is your highest communication skill? The Lord B* will sell you a Book of
Charm which might help.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:36 AM   #8
greymonk
Welcomed New User

I don't think this happens if you keep martean's key card in your party inventory. (Don't keep it on any one character.) Well it wasn't as bad for me, (Everyone still talks to me, I have yet to get any quests.)
greymonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:42 AM   #9
bmanula
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, the other lady wasn't pissed at me when I first entered the town, so I must've done something to piss her off. I've been going over everything I done, and I might've figured it out. when I explored the HLL building there were a group of guards patrolling the halls. they went down the right hall (towards the commander) so I went left (thinking I was being sneaky) and got the stuff out of the lockers. as I was leaving the locker room the guards came around the corner and I thought I was going to get surprised so I hit the combat button and proceeded to kill them. it now occurs to me that they might not have been hostile. was I not supposed to kill them?

in any event, the town hates me, is there anything I can do to make them talk to me again?

thanks all
Old 12-11-2001, 12:44 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

Tramain, upstairs in the HLL, says "People in town won't take kindly if you keep wearing that there Badge (pause) Marten! heh..heh..heh..."

yes, there is a way around it. Take the dang thing out of inventory and put it in a chest. if you get that message about needing it, you must not have talked to Tramain.

after talking to him, i stored it very easily in a chest in Antone's Armory.

that badge is the root of your people problems. it will only get worse if you continue to carry it.

and there's no way you are gonna make friends in any town by going around and killing their guards. you shoulda reloaded when you realized your mistake.

i don't think that stashing the card will change anything that has happened to date, but it will prevent any further upsets.