Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 04-28-2005, 12:44 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Cannot BELIEVE Constantine was kicked before that fat white boy that thinks he's black [img]smile.gif[/img] He's not that good, and he's a smartass. His low notes are bad is all. He IS better that that throat boy (Don't wanna waste brain space on their names) . BOTH should have left before Constantine.

I wanna see a rocker finally win this show.. Bo is who I want to win. The black girl is real good and that country white girl (bleh, I hate country) but she's hot.. and uh.. has a good voice.. uh huh.. yeh. (cough-hot-cough) *looks to see if wife is looking*

hehe

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:10 AM   #2
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Pardon me Ziroc, but I'll take this chance to expand the generalisation to not only the voting sucking donkey offal, but the whole concept and show itself being insufferably bad aswell. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To make matters worse, Pompous Idol has created many doppelganger spawn shows and its precisely these kinds of shows which inundate my local television stations constantly!
Possibly one of the reasons I've turned to my PC so much for solace!

Anyway, as most people would acknowledge I'd say, the deeper you dig into the underground of music, the richer and more fruitful the veins of gold and musically amazing gemology is found. Over produced, shallow pop preening princeses and glamour boy iconography does not create good music, it merely imitates and uses superficial image to create an illusion of popularity.

*End of caffeine induced rant* Swift exit stage left...
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

And If you DO win Idol, they OWN your ass for years, and I hear they totally rip you off in royalties...

I watch because my wifey watches mainly.. to me, Idol is WAY too 'top 40'. I don't bother with radio anymore. I try songs out on the net, and if I like, I go out and buy the CD's. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
Lucern
Quintesson

And everyone knows, America's true idols are always caught lip-synching lol.

A good critique of the show I heard was exactly that, but of course the voting allows people to pick whatever they like, even though the context is more or less just singing.

I thought it would be funny if someone were to audition with like a guitar, no, a drum set that they have to set up while the judges stare at them: just for the sake of mocking the concept of the show.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The only one I like on that show is the dude with the really light blond hair. (Don't know his name, only catch a couple minutes before the Amazing Race [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) The others all sound so boring.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
The only one I like on that show is the dude with the really light blond hair. (Don't know his name, only catch a couple minutes before the Amazing Race [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) The others all sound so boring.
Ah.. Throat boy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I used to really like American Idol, the first one had me hooked, but it seems to slowly being going downhill talent-wise each season. To be honest I did not like last season's Clay Aiken or Ruben Studdard, blah and boring. I mean give me a break, none of them will ever be "idols", they need to change the name of the show to American Ameteurs LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I haven't watch every show this season, but have seen some of the shows. In the beginning I really liked this young black girl, she sang this really snazzy song (don't know what it was) very well, but they dumped her, said she was too young, to come back later. Blah. Bo is OK, and I do hope he wins just cause he is a rocker guy and rocker people never win on this show LOL. I hate that other "rocker" guy, don't know what his name is. Just can't stand his face LOL, that chin, or something I dunno, every time he makes a face to look sexy I cringe LOL. Yes the black girl is pretty good, but not original at all, been there heard that kinda thing. Same for blond country girl, nice voice, but nothing unique or special. The blond guy who was voted off was OK, but man he looks so much like MTV's Inferno 2's Abram I just laugh when I see him LOL. If there is anyone else I missed, I didn't see them or they were so boring I don't remember them LOL.

There is supposed to be some show coming on soon that "exposes" American Idol? Anyone heard about that? I don't think it's showing on fox, maybe ABC.. Supposed to show for one this contestant that says he slept with Paula Abdul LOL, and she made him all these record deal promises, but he had to keep their relationship hush-hush. He ended up being eliminated because he had a criminal record LOL, so who knows if what he says is true. Either way, should be interesting to watch for fun just for it's snarkiness LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

"Exposes" American Idol? Anything to get it off the air. Hopefully they do Canadian Idol next. Ben Mulroney is getting on my nerves. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #9
Ladyzekke

Here's an article about it. Not sure if Primetime will do the show or not:

http://www.courttv.com/people/2005/0428/abdul_ap.html

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #10
Ladyzekke

Ha, here's a site where people like to vote for the worst contestants. Probably explains the nutty voting!

http://www.geocities.com/voteworst/

Reality Show Recaps