Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 05:52 PM   #1
Daniel_M
Elminster

I've just seen the trailer for Matrix Revolutions and I thought it was great, looks like I'm going to camp outside the cinema so I can get a seat for the first showing what is everyone elses opinion on the film, from what youve heard and seen do you think its going to be the best in the series? or do you think that its going to be a huge flop?
Old 10-24-2003, 06:21 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

I've read 3 reviews of it so far. 2 loved it, one loathed it. Oddly the 2 that liked it prefered Marix to Matrix:Reloaded and the one that disliked it prefered Reloaded to Martix. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

That tells me all I need to know.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 12:09 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I have forgotten the details now, but earlier in the year I ahd read that a fourteen minute climax at the end of the movie cost in the millions. Alot of tie-in stoy will also be presented. This will be better than the 2nd one, and alot of what mystery we found in the first one will become apparent. Without spoiling, a few things that the profetess has mentioned will be realized finally.

I believe it is a movie series that will have to be studied long and hard to catch all the little hints and ideas that they portray. </font>
Old 10-25-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>Well, when you combine Gnosticism, the Illuminati, cyberpunk, and the basic plot outlined in the Hero with 1000 Faces (read your Joseph Campbell if you haven't already) you cannot lose.

Like I said in a previous Matrix thread, everything hinges on Neo and Smith, since both are potentially infinitely powerful but don't know where to go from where they are now. Clearly, the trailer shows that this is the case, but I cannot begin to speculate how they might resolve their conflict. Since his acension to being the One I don't think Neo can be defeated and since Smith can copy himself--and every copy is Smith--he cannot be defeated, either (unless you can manage to defeat all his copies before any can replicate). Needless to say this finale will be quite exciting!

I suppose when the Oracle said "almost done" in the first movie she wasn't referring to the cookies? [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

The critic who hated Revolutions probably went into the theatre with a head full of preconceptions about what the movie should be or didn't understand what the movies were really about. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] The secret to critiquing movies is to 1) accept the movie with no preconceptions and 2) judge it on its cinematic value both within that movie's genre and against all other movies as a whole.</font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 07:23 AM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

From some of the T.V. spots you can see on the website, I've seen nothing of the Smith Army fighting Neo - it all seems to be just one Smith (the original Smith?) doing the fighting. Oddly, this Smith seems just as strong and resilient as Neo, and can fly as well. I suppose if Smith has cloned himself upon the entire Matrix - including programs like the Architect, all those invisible programs that control animals, weather etc - then he'd be able to do all kinds of things. Not only that, but in taking over the Matrix, he holds control over the power source for the entire race of Machines, not to mention killing off humanity in a very very thorough way (turning them into him). I think Smith has more in his corner than just an almost limitless supply of 'clones'.

[ 10-25-2003, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 10-26-2003, 01:37 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>Isn't one Smith tough enough? [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] Don't forget that Smith himself postulates that some part of Neo's code--which is what makes him the One--must have gotten imprinted on him, so he is more powerful than a "normal" Agent. I don't think he can actually fly, merely jump great distances and partially defy gravity. Finally, I don't think he would bother copying himself onto a tree; what would be the point?

You're close to knowing everything there is to know about Smith, because I also think he wants to control everything. The Oracle herself says "What do all men with power want? More power." You thought she was talking about the Merovingian, didn't you? [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 05:26 AM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

No... looking at the T.V. clip again, the battle between Neo and Smith appears to take place in the clouds, far above ground level. Smith is definitely flying. He hangs in the air at one point.

Heh, as to copying himself to a tree, no, no point, because a tree is just a simulacrum. But copying himself to the program that controls tree growth, that's more like it.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:26 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I'm gonna see it for my birthday, so it'd better be good. The trailer has me really interested on that one part where shows the goldy looking figure, much like the Seraph dude looked to Neo in the 2nd one.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:35 PM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I'm gonna see it for my birthday, so it'd better be good. The trailer has me really interested on that one part where shows the goldy looking figure, much like the Seraph dude looked to Neo in the 2nd one.
Yeah i am also very interested in Seraph. He is *just* a program but that sentence if his "I protect that which matters most" got me interested in him...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote