Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2002, 09:13 AM   #1
swavek
The Magister

i have a question for those that imported their charactes from Wizardry 7. Once you import them, does the game begin any different or do you still start out at the back of the monastary? I'm merely curious about that.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Don't quote me on this, (I haven't done it myself, so I don't know for sure) but I believe there are three possible start locations for you, depending on who you aligned with in Crusaders of the Dark Savant.

Location 1. Monastery crash landing with Vi Domina, not Grimpak, like in the non-import game.

How to get: Finish the game without any faction towards anyone, or import characters from an unfinished game.

Location 2. T'Rang base at Marten's Bluff

How to get: Finish the game aliied with the T'Rang.

Location 3. Umpani base at Mt. Gigas

How to get: Finish the game allied with the Umpani.

I believe thats how it works. People will speak and react differently to you in an import game, so it can be rewarding =) Oh and in an import game, Vi Domina is a very good friend of the party, which is nice continuity.
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 12:57 AM   #3
otter
Elminster

I played W-7 right up until i got 8, creating and building various parties to import from, but i left them all in the Crypts at the 100% spawn spot where i class-change rotated them to get 100 in every skill (=20 in 8), so they all started behind the Lower Monastery with Vi as a good friend. I did run some through killing the T'rang queen in 7, and some of the T'rang are less friendly (All the random ones and Sadok are yellow, and he says he'll sell me stuff only because Z'ant said to)
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 02:10 AM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You start in Umpani base at Mt. Gigas if you inport a wiz 7 party! I alvais start there when inporting a party
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 10:16 PM   #5
otter
Elminster

yah, if you end the game allied with the umpani, you start there. I imported without ending, so i got the travelled-with-Vi start. If you ally with the T'rang in 7, you come into 8 in LMB.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote