Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
swavek
The Magister

sheesh! so many ppl make a big deal about the light sword yet it really isn't that great. i'll admit that i was completely bent on obtaining it (did so by killing those bucaneer ghosts 100+ times). now that i have it, it's not great it seems. it's damage is awesome, i'll admit, but for some reason both my samurai and fighter tend to miss with it often as compared to their previous weapons. now beyond the fact that my samurai missed with it often (he has a 110 in his sword skill) the damage that my samurai did wasn't all that much compared to the musarama blade which only does upto 28 and the light sword does upto 40. anyway, i'm going back to having my samurai using the musaram blade since he got more instant kills with it.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:12 AM   #2
otter
Elminster

the Light Sword was my fave in W-7, second only to the Cane. In this game, i find i prefer weapons with special affects over ones with more damage. I even think a Monk with Zatoichi is deadlier than a Fighter with Light Swd.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:07 AM   #3
Charmy
Dungeon Master

I agree. Muramasa blade is BETTER than the light sword, in my opinion as well, because of the fantastically high instant-kill amount. I still think that the fighter is best with the *Light* Sword though. He/she is supposed to be the major damage dealer, and the light sword does an incredible amount of damage sometimes.

Btw, does anyone know ANY other place where you can find *Light* stuff? I want a *Light* Shield for my Bard and my Priest, but every time I get the bucaneer ghosts to drop one, they don't drop a sword.. and the chances of getting both seem very remote.
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:49 AM   #4
otter
Elminster

once you whittle them down, kill them one at a time, with big damage, check the drop. If you want what you get, back off to save and repeat. I once reloaded until i got the biggest crowd of them (8, i think...) and ended up with 3 Light Swords and a bunch of vaporizers. If you reload for the chest in the Bayjin hut, you can get a Light Shield.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:22 AM   #5
Charmy
Dungeon Master

I've got it down to about as good as I can get it, I think.

All the bucaneer ghosts (all 7 of them) are at 1-10HP so all I have to do after loading a game is enter combat mode, select Banish, Power Level 7, side step, and begin combat, to kill them all instantly.

I've done this about 50 times.. but only got single light swords, or single light shields.. nothing else..

and which Bayjin hut do you speak of? Unfortunately I went through Bayjin to get to the Bayjin Shallows, so I'd have to redo alot to get the chest back *sigh* and I don't remember any chest in a hut either.. is it near the prisoner area?
Old 04-13-2002, 02:12 PM   #6
armakh
Manshoon

The chest is in a hut with a single sentry in it. It's right next to the one with all the scuba gear. I missed it the first time I went through, too. BTW...what else besides a light shield and a vaporizer can you get in that chest?
Old 04-13-2002, 07:36 PM   #7
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Seems to me that the Bayjin chest contains anything that the Bucaneer Ghosts randomly drop, EXCEPT the *Light* Sword.

sure seems that way when I opened it.. every single item in the chest was something the bucaneer ghosts commonly drop.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:18 PM   #8
Annheiser
Manshoon

The only good items from the hut chest worth it is the Light Sword, Light Shield, Frontier Phaser, Vaporizer, and the Mystery Ray.

And, I agree about weapons with special attacks (KO, Kill, Poison) being higher preference than straight damage weapons. I gave my Light Sword to my Gadgeteer in the end so he can add to close combat damage, but for the time the Fighter had it, he was hitting 80-130 damage per swing 2x while dual wielding Diamond Eyes. Made combat pretty easy.

[ 04-13-2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Annheiser ]
Old 04-13-2002, 09:27 PM   #9
otter
Elminster

if you kill them one at a time (not banish, more like concussion, etc.) and check that one's drop, you can keep it and still have more ghosts to kill. Theoretically, if you have the patience, you can get them all to drop LS's.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:51 PM   #10
swavek
The Magister

BTW, do those bucaneer ghost ever respawn? probably not eh?
it would be nice if they did.