Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-09-2001, 02:08 AM   #11
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

I always pick a new spell when I get a level; and twice (both at the same time), my mage got 2 spells to pick all of the sudden, as did my priest (since they level at the same time). I think it was at level 13 (I could be mistaken on the level, I am 14 now). My mage has 100 Intelligence already (thanks to the fountain in Trynton) and my priest has a pretty high piety (96 or something)? So I don't know if it was the level, the intelligence/piety (required for their specific classes), or a weird bug. But at one time (either 12 or 13), I got to pick 2 spells for each of them. However, at level 14, it was back to one spell.
Old 12-10-2001, 05:47 AM   #12
Larlador
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Weird, i can tell you guys that INT does not matter how many spells you get to pick, my level 11 mage has 110 int, and still can only pick 1 spell per level. So maybe you can pick 2 spells when yo reached an certain level as something of an bonus or such.
Larlador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 06:52 AM   #13
vesselle
Hathor

hey, guys!

that level is right around when you can pick the 2 Portal Spells. maybe you chose Set and Return Portal, and thot you were using 2 picks to get them. the two are a pair, and only cost 1 pick.

maybe?

it's just a thot. i couldn't find anything in the manual that referred to a bonus spell pick at certain level.

V***V
Old 12-10-2001, 11:36 AM   #14
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have four spellcasters, level 27, and have never received more than one spell point at level up. They all have had 100 intelligence for a long time, and one had 100 Piety.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:03 PM   #15
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Might have been the portal thing... dunno. Wasn't paying enough attention at the time.
Old 12-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #16
Smokefoot
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Vaprakgruumsh:
My mage has 100 Intelligence already (thanks to the fountain in Trynton)

There is a fountain at Trynton that raises intelligence? Where is it?
Old 12-10-2001, 05:44 PM   #17
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's in front of the Tree Fairies... if you have seen the Tree Fairies, you know where it's at. LOL! They probably slaughtered your party first time around. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can't remember what bough it's on (I am at work)... Will have to check into it... though someone will probably reply to this before I get home and check. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2001, 06:12 PM   #18
Smokefoot
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Vaprakgruumsh:
It's in front of the Tree Fairies... if you have seen the Tree Fairies, you know where it's at. LOL! They probably slaughtered your party first time around. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmmm... The Tree Fairies I mainly remember were near the 7th bough and the armoury. I mainly remember it because that's a no-magic zone and so they decided to fight me hand-to-hand!!! There are four water
ponds/fountains in that room and I know I didn't check them carefully.
Is one of those the one?
Old 12-11-2001, 11:49 AM   #19
greymonk
Welcomed New User

The fountain is on one of the lower bough, its by the potion maker I think. The fountain asks you a riddle. If you answer it right you get a couple bonuses.

Spoiler-

The answer is : LIFE
greymonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:26 PM   #20
vesselle
Hathor

what are the bonuses?

SPOILER
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

i answered "experience" and was told that was correct, but didn't notice anything different.

i also heard you can answer "memory" and that's right, also.

what's up? anyone know for sure?