Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-04-2001, 10:52 AM   #1
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Warning, contains spoilers.

Here are a a couple of funny or strange things that have happened to my group during my stay on Dominus:
  • In the upper monastary early in the game, one of my fighters forced open a wooden crate. The side of the crate fell back toward us, and the screen went white. "Your party has been crushed!" What?! Now, I could understand this if I had and entire party of Faeries, but 6 characters crushed by a side of a wooden crate? Weird! [img]smile.gif[/img]
  • My party was camping near Anselm's group in the cave in the wilderness. Some monsters spawned, and we all joined the battle. Anselm mistakenly got between my Valkyrie and a monster, and she shot him with an arrow. "Instant kill!" Oh no! And then she quipped, "Now *that* was fun!" Doh!

Share your tales of weirdness!
Old 12-04-2001, 11:43 AM   #2
Dan Speziale
Dungeon Master

Oh, I have had more than a few laughs in this game!

- First was when I was playing the demo. I was facing a swallower and one of the characters that was left (the rest had been swallowed) said something like: "It would be quicker if we set ourselves on fire!"
- The comments the characters make when they level up, get hit or when another dies are also quite enjoyable.

What a great game this is!

Dan
Dan Speziale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 03:40 PM   #3
ThulsaDoom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what i found amusing was when my alchemist casted Whipping Rocks on the rest of my party 3 times in a row while we were dueling roaches . first time he did it i was in shock , second time he did it i laughed because everyone of them all told him off angrily . and he replied by saying "oh , sorry , it happens to the best of us". third time he did it...i wasnt so happy

then i realized i couldnt cast Cone spells when the enemy is still positioning himself .
[IMG]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LwAAAMYQMYfrPzxx4N8BjQGPBvuf94c7H3IP8gyZvgsrGELba TVmO*ckw5SnXgbpcdbGKCGvVsk/Conan2.jpg[/IMG] <i>\"What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!\"</i>
ThulsaDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Moni

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Today I opened a locker, emptied it out and closed it.
Then I opened it again and my Bishop retorted "It's as empty as your head!"
I nearly fell outta my chair!
Old 12-04-2001, 05:24 PM   #5
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

I just about died when my Dwarf Monk with the Loner type voice says to the other party members when you leave them alone for a while "I bet I can take you'se all on!!"

Or when I was in Trynton and I wanted to know if casting guardian angel spell meant my characters had wings [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img]
I walked off the edge in upper Trynton to have the game stop during my fall and load up lower Trynton, then proceeded to drop to my death having 7 out of 8 characters die when they hit the ground level. Only Vi lived since she cheated death, but was promptly attacked by some acidvines that she landed on!!
Old 12-04-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

well, my priestess is very good at her job, but like me, she's definitely blonde.

when we are surprised by a bunch of nasty, icky things bent on killing us, she croons, "Ooooooo!! Lookee! Critters!" as if she just found a box of kittens.

once (and only once) i was standing around for a loooooooong time, and all my girls were cycling thru periodic reminders to me that we were on a tight schedule.... but i was busy posting to the forum and was only half paying attention to them thru my headphones.

so, i'm getting ready to come back and get them going again, and i hear my faerie mage, with her southern accent, say, "What's the big hold up, sugar? Doin' yoah nails??"

::sighs happily:: this game has got it all.

V***V
Old 12-05-2001, 12:45 AM   #7
Dajjer
The Magister

My priest is such a sissy.

He has good sense skill. And whenever he spots monsters in the distance he yells (to the monsters)

"Shoo, shoo, go away, go away"

However, when ever he cast a spell he sounds like the hero of heros. I always love it when he says "(bla bla bla) VALENCIO." It just sounds so totally cool and heroic.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 01:26 AM   #8
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I get a kick out of some of the things I find when I try to mindread. The first time I had just picked up the mindread spell and I decided to try it out on the first NPC I met. Wouldn't you know, I was headed back to Arnika and met Myles again. I decided to see what Myles thought and died when I read, "Myles is empty-headed." I kept waiting for one of my party to say, "I could have told you that."

For another laugh, try reading the mind of Screg, the head Mook. I got a kick out of that one, too.

Knarfling
Old 12-05-2001, 01:59 AM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Having a Dracon Ranger in my party, whom I gave the second Chaotic persona to (the Dark one) is a hoot. I think the funniest thing he's said to date was, immediately after talking to Lord Braffit, Falcrenth (my Ranger) commented darkly: "He seems like a gentle, loving, truly holy person...I HATE him!" I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

Then there's Madras, who, upon recovering from a Nausea spell, said "Whew! That sure tasted better going DOWN!" It took me quite a few minutes to recover from THAT choice little comment. I've taken to not drinking sodas while I'm playing this game, out of respect for my keyboard and monitor! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 02:43 PM   #10
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Saz, that was too funny! I think my Mook Bard does the best when we leave an NPC, instead of saying goodbye she says "good riddance!" with her funny mediterrean accent. Its a hoot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

By far the funniest was last night when I was out adventuring to pay the Dark Queen a visit in the Wilderness areas.

I encountered a few cousins of Saffy on the way there, I believe they were Marauder Swallowers, all I know is that they had over 500 HP each and there were 3 of them. I got a little worried to say the least!

So, I was doing ok even though they gulped down my Gnome Valkyre, who then mananged to get out before it was dead. That was kind of strange. But the best was to come.

The kicker was when I got the bright idea to cast a high level "Summon Elemental" spell to distract the Saffy family. Out came a really powerful Elemental, and things looked good.

One Swallower got blinded and then ran off like a chicken, and the Elemental pursued. Next thing I know, the Swallower goes *GULP* and eats the Elemental! And its permanent, he's GONE - no coming back after many rounds or killing the Swallower.

I learned a good lesson, don't bother calling out help with the Saffy family, they consider Elementals a good snack! :0

It got me laughing anyway!

Best

Scronan