Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #11
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Family Guy hands down, for the brutal combination of the utterly bizzare and some very cutting satire. South Park is very, very, good, when its on form but its not as consistent. Plus its a little more overtly moralising, which is fine as long as you agree with the morals in question (I loved the South Park movie for precisely this reason) but can get a bit wearing when you find the morals objectionable.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 AM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

South park by far

Though many of the episodes are hit and miss when I see a truely classic south park episode it leaves me half in tears of laughter and half breathless that it actually aired on TV

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

South Park. And it's had more good seasons than bad seasons. This season has been very good.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:52 PM   #14
Stealth Expert
Dungeon Master

From what i can see is, famiilly guy has only been around a few seasons so yeah people will think its funny but like any other show it will start getting stale after abit, as for me i still say SP, i just think the people making the jokes on family guy try to hard, which usually turns out to be stupid in a what the hell... kind of way than a stupid funny kind of way.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:20 PM   #15
Eagle eye
Elminster

'Butter' ... 'Butter'
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #16
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

SP definetly wins here.I like Ms.Chokesondicks,when she raises her arms her nipples show!haahahahaha.
"OH this cake is so good."
"Come'on fatboy give us some."
"Couldnt possibly eat another bite."
"Come'on fatboy,you dont need anymore cake!"
"Jews dont eat cake."
"Dont call me a jew you F*****g fatass!"
"dont call me a F*****g fatass you jew!"

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:20 AM   #17
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Yeah, this Season's SouthPark has been good. Then again, when you only do 8 episodes a year; you should be able to do well. Let's face it, it doesn't take them a year to do the graphics.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #18
Grojlach
Zartan

antryg, a South Park season ("year") consists of 14-17 episodes actually. It's just that there's a six month gap between the first 6 episodes and the rest or so (Summer break ) that makes it feel like there are hardly any new episodes. As for the graphics, I believe they're capable of making a new episode in less than a week (!), which they've demonstrated on quite a few occasions by throwing in elements and jokes based on current events.

As for this season, especially "The Death of Eric Cartman" was classic; the rest varied from great to so-so (the episode with Cartman hunting down hippies especially felt somewhat tired and lazy, as well as the parodies that were thrown in - but it still had its moments).
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #19
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

The best was the passion of the jews! that was really funny!

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote