Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 04:27 PM   #31
ScottG
Drow Warrior

It says something about todays live performances that a mediocre show and poor sound can be thought of as "amazing". (and frankly I can't disagree with it, their performance is "amazing" in comparison to most other live performances today..)
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #32
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, Scott, as I wasn't alive in the 70's, I guess I have nothing to compare to. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Also, Larry, I wasn't suggesting/implicating you didnt know the song, just making my ever-present Metallica reference. Cant help it, obsessive compulsive. Anways, Poo, I want to see them NOW, as I've seen the DVD concerts (which I, also, thought were amazing), and have heard that they're better than ever, and with more energy.

And, Larry, that hammer hurt! Take this! [img]graemlins/badass.gif[/img]
And this! [img]graemlins/smilelazer.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:49 AM   #33
uss
20th Level Warrior

Yoko Kanno & the Seatbelts. [img]smile.gif[/img]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #34
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Before my time: Hendrix at Woodstock.

During my time: Phish at Halloween or New Year's.
(I would have picked the Dead during their last year of touring, but I already got to see that )
Old 08-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #35
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... I would definitely go to see Bruce Hornsby again. He goes out to have fun... and that's contagious.

I'd also enjoy KISS again -- though the schtick is old, and the egos are getting in the way, they are all about entertainment [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:31 AM   #36
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'd go for Fleetwood Mac. I like their sound, chemistry, variety, and musicianship.

A close second would be Jonny Lang. Amazing guitarist, and I've heard his live shows are excellent and lively.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:18 PM   #37
Saturos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have already seen them, but definitely Metallica again. They put up great shows, have nothing but awesome songs (as they play very few from St. Anger) and simply radiate coolness. [img]tongue.gif[/img] To say that they know how to keep a crowd satisfied and entertained for some 2 and a half hours is an understatement.
Saturos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 06:44 PM   #38
ScottG
Drow Warrior

"I'd go for Fleetwood Mac"

ooohhhhhh, Stevie singing Sarah.. "undoing laces" - "don't you ever stop". (makes me think of Sarah Michelle Gellar in the early episodes of Buffy, wearing a "dreamy" sweater with lace fringe.)

Stevie's way past her prime, and the group was only a "good" perfomance group live.. still though, just for that one song..

(I remember Pasadena Cal. early 80's when they were positivly combustible - worse than the Eagles. The show suffered for it, except for TUSK - which actually seemed to thrive on their mutual dislike)

Ohh, and yup - KISS, very little substance or musical quality, but a damn-fine show.

[ 08-07-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: ScottG ]
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:49 PM   #39
Mr_Krift
Zhentarim Guard

Coldplay would be very cool to see live.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:09 PM   #40
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

On the Metallica note, I've seen their DVD "Cunning Stunts" and was VERY entertained...and a few of my friends went to see them with Godsmack, and said the concert was BETTER than "Cunning Stunts."

As far as the "one band I want to see live" goes, I don't necessarily want the guys to do back flips and put on the laser light show overhead, and have pyrotechnics out the wazoo...I just want the music, and enough volume to make me have to scream to speak to the person standing (no, not sitting) next to me...plus, I want to drain a lighter...and I would do all of that at a Metallica concert...!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote