Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 01-20-2002, 10:29 PM   #1
Durwyn
Elminster

In all honesty, LOTR was truly an insparation so to speak for me. Its been great seeing Dwarfs and Elves fighting and just seeing that on the silver screen.

What do you guys think, will there be anymore such movies? Perhaps based on the D&D series? Or some Forgotten Realm books?

I know for one Brotherhood of the Wolf is making progress and seems to be the type...
Old 01-21-2002, 12:02 AM   #2
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I would love to see the Icewind Dale Trilogy put to film.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:11 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

<font color="gold">Hmm, I can think of two movies that I think can match "Fellowship of the Ring", they're called "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King"...</font>

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:12 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

<font color="gold">No seriously, I'd love if the Baldurs Gate saga was made as a film.</font>

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

It would be fantastic to see Drizzt fighting with his scimitars! But fanatsy movies need very much money...that's bad .
Old 01-21-2002, 10:41 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Byronas:
It would be fantastic to see Drizzt fighting with his scimitars! But fanatsy movies need very much money...that's bad .<hr></blockquote>

Yea, most fantasy movies I've seen so far were not that great due to low budget. Excepting maybe a few cult classics like Conan the Barbarian, where the absence of good actors and special effects creates it's own peculiar charm. That's a damn pity if you ask me.

EDIT: Here's to hoping that the hype for TLotR and Harry Potter will spawn forth a new era of high-budget, good-looking fantasy movies.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]</p>
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 11:17 AM   #7
Durwyn
Elminster

<font color="yellow">eh.. Todays world eh? MONEY MONEY MONEY lol.

See thats bad , I really think if the directors and producers of those movies think how much many a movie like Icewind Dale Trilogy in lets say a couple of years will generate. I mean releasing such a series perhaps after the LOTR series is finished playing would be very wise and get them lots of money, leaving.. US HAPPY!
</font>
Old 01-21-2002, 04:51 PM   #8
Pippin
Dungeon Master

I would love more fantasy movies too, but I kind of wish that LOTR and Harry Potter for instance never were filmed. What I like about LOTR(and every other book) is to make my OWN pictures of the characters and really go into the fantasy world every time I sit down with the book. You know what I mean? I really don`t think LOTR will be the same when I sit down reading it next time....it`s hard not thinking of Elijah as Frodo and so on. But I still loved the movie though=)

See ya!
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:07 AM   #9
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

3 books that would make great movies are the horde trilogy. Dragonwall, crusade, and can't think of the third title. But the story is very much D&D and it would translate well for the general public to view and enjoy. I think that is where they were going with Dungeons and Dragons the movie but just messed it up in the corporate producer run world of roleplaying today. All they need to do is take Speilburg and lock him in a room with Ed Greeenwood, Gary Gygax, and a set of dice and make Spielburg play Tomb of Horrors till his head explodes. Add 100 million to the mix and WALA! OSCAR!
But that's just my idea.

Lord Killjoy
Old 01-22-2002, 09:37 AM   #10
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I know it is not strictly fantasy but instead sci-fi but I would love to see Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy on the big screen. That would be absolutely amazing, but would require a budget to match if it were to be done right. The books rest on spectacular scenery quite a lot, as you can imagine with books about Mars.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote