Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2001, 06:24 AM   #1
Gedd
The Magister

something just occured to me..might be a stupid question and might be answered in the manual (cant find it atm)
but....

aren't dual and multiclass the wrong way round. I mean...humans dont live as long as elves/dwarves etc. surely then they would be much more likely to try to several things at once (i.e. multiclass) then get through half of their life and then decided to start something new. I can kinda see an elf getting bored of being a fighter after 500 years and deciding to go to magic school but would that really be a clever thing to do for a human with 50 years (max) left to live?
i know that you gain experiance at essentially the same rate etc etc etc but from a rpg point of view (i never played)

just wondering ..

have i made any sense at all..?
Old 09-03-2001, 07:21 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

humans dont have that much spared time to spread their time of studying on muti areas

it makes sense that all their effort are focused so that they can be good at one thing at a time, and that reflects the actual learning process as well
Old 09-03-2001, 01:50 PM   #3
zNOVAz
The Magister

yeah yeah yeah it does but does not make much sense
Old 09-03-2001, 09:34 PM   #4
Thrawn
The Magister

but i suport if youre an mage character, or an priest, or any type of spell caster you can do spells that exends your lifespan two or more fold, and also the fact youre the child of bhall so that means you probably will also have greatly exended lifespan.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:39 PM   #5
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn:
but i suport if youre an mage character, or an priest, or any type of spell caster you can do spells that exends your lifespan two or more fold, and also the fact youre the child of bhall so that means you probably will also have greatly exended lifespan.
Actually, all the Bhaalspawn had a pretty short lifespan except for Gorion's Ward. Since he/she killed them all

Old 09-04-2001, 10:26 AM   #6
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Cynics reply

Humans are best 'cos elves don't buy computer games....