Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-18-2002, 04:20 AM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

This relates back to the problem I am having reinstalling Baldurs Gate II on my computer.
I have tried everything listed on the site; and even tried it on a laptop which has not had this game on it before. "Please insert disk 5 or specify the location where it is located"
I tried copying all the files from the CDs onto the laptop, and it was unable to copy "data2" ... I looked through the CD, data2 is a .cat file- er... .cat ??
Anyway, my friend borrowed the CD to see if he liked the game- it worked first time on his computer.
After asking him a few hundred questions about his computer, I figured that the only difference between them which could possibly account for this is the Operating System. I have Windows ME, he has Windows XP Home Edition.
The laptop that it didnt work on has Windows ME.

Thus, I find it natural to conclude that Win ME has finally, after quite a while using it, given me a bug. And it just HAD to be a big one- I can't install the only thing that keeps me away from the Internet, because I have a dodgy OS.

When I told Mum, my problem came in- she is going to upgrade my computer from Win ME to Win XP Home. Atleast I dont have to use a mac OS...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
lroyo

Just so you know LennonCook, I find XP to be a far superior and much more stable OS than ME anyway. I've played BG2 all the way through without even a hitch since installing XP, and I used to have all sorts of problems.

Aviendha.
Old 05-18-2002, 09:52 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I play on WinME, but this problem have never occured for me. But then I havent un- or reinstalled BG2 on it either... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote