Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2001, 08:57 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I keep telling myself "this is the last game, ok?", but I always get new ideas and want to try them out.

I can't get enough of thieves, that is why I have started a new game with two halfling bounty hunters, and a human kensai/thief at insane difficulty. This is my party:

One bounty hunter has skills in find traps, and open locks, set traps and will get some thieves items so that he will be able to hide in shadows too. I have put his proficiency points in short bow+, longsword+, single weapon style+ and dart+.

The other bounty hunter has skills in pick pockets, set traps, hide in shadows and move silently. I have distributed her proficiency points in short bow+, short sword+, long sword+ and single weapon style+.

The kensai/thief will be my main backstabber and fighter, and will get his points in hide in shadows, move silently, set traps, and find illussions. He has his proficiency points in katana+++++ and single weapon style+.

This is a very powerful party, and the only downside I see with it is that they cannot use magic, wands, or most scrolls. This is why I chose to have two bounty hunters in my party because of their special traps. I think there will be some trouble with beholders since I can't use the shield of balduran, but if I sleep enough they won't be much trouble.

If I continue to play with this little party, I think I will skip most quests. The only thing this party needs is the thieves guild (those items there), the Celestial fury, flail of ages, ring of gaxx and the boot of speeds. I will automatically get mace of disruption since I plan to side with Bohdi.

Right now, I am out of the dungeon, have killed the guys at the Seven den inn (something like that), and is going for the Tuigan bow. I need to sleep a lot more than I am used to, but that is ok.

---------------------------------

Do not underestimate the power of thieves!!!
Old 03-10-2001, 09:02 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

No magic? That can be risky business in BGII.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-10-2001, 09:16 PM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

yeah, I just want to see how powerful the thieves really are. Imagine three people backstab at the same time, or imagine dragons being mazed. Hmm, that's about it.

I faced a little trouble at the inn, because I couldn't detect invisible creatures, so I nearly got killed by that Brennan-thief. I need someone to detect invisible creatures, and I need it soon, otherwise it will be really hard to deal with other thieves but me.