Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-05-2000, 05:28 AM   #1
G.W.

My familiar for my blade died somewhere along chapter 2. They die pretty easily. One one hand, I am at the point where if I go up in level I get the default 2 hit point sno matter what. On the other hand, I think the blade has permanently lost hit points because of the loss of constitution. It's hard to tell. Is there anyway to fix this, including use of an editor? Shadowkeeper makes it appear as though the base constitution is still good.

Old 12-05-2000, 06:14 AM   #2
Armisael

I've never had a familiar. However, I think that the constitution loss from a familiar only runs through the duration of the game, and isn't a permenant stat adjustment. In other words, if you transferred your single player game into a multiplayer game, then exported and reimported your blade, he'd probably have his regular constitution again.

Old 12-05-2000, 10:21 AM   #3
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Is there no way to decimate the lil bugger in a way there's no penalty? I'd hate to have to fight Irnenicus and think, 'Oh yeah! I can't fight Irenicus right now, I'll just let him get a slew of spells out probably killing all my men but at least I'll have my familiar in a safe place!'
Old 12-05-2000, 07:44 PM   #4
Jadan

I apologize for having to correct but the modification IS PERMANANT I am sorry for your loss, my lvl 20 conjurer has lost 2 himself and it is a huge loss.

Old 12-05-2000, 07:56 PM   #5
G.W.

It's awful. Gonna have to cheat to remove it. I'd rather not have one because they don't add anything except some hit points.